SASS Wire Forum

Ted Nugent Quote

Subdeacon Joe

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic."

Speaking of cheap, cowardly, and pathetic, the motor city madman is a cheap, cowardly, pathetic and admitted abuser of under aged girls during rock stardom.

And yet, with all that, one of the biggest, loudest and most quoted proponents for 2A rights. So go figure. Guess we all did things in our youth that we may not be too proud of.

Uncle Ted for PRESIDENT !

Not excusing his past behavoir (taking you at you word, been disconnected for awhile and didn't know that about him) With that in mind, always liked his music and he is responible for my getting into bowhunting. He has done a lot of good for our 2nd Admendment rights and really changed the landscape for getting young people into bow, gun eduction and the shooting sports. He has become something of a political figure. I'm really disappointed to hear that he has been an abuser of young girls. I need to do some research. Society sets the rules. Its interesting that it was once considered acceptable when a young man (17-18 years old) took a wife of only 13 to 14. There are still places in this country where that is common. The more we change the more we stay the same.

Not excusing his past behavoir (taking you at you word, been disconnected for awhile and didn't know that about him) With that in mind, always liked his music and he is responible for my getting into bowhunting. He has done a lot of good for our 2nd Admendment rights and really changed the landscape for getting young people into bow, gun eduction and the shooting sports. He has become something of a political figure. I'm really disappointed to hear that he has been an abuser of young girls. I need to do some research. Society sets the rules. Its interesting that it was once considered acceptable when a young man (17-18 years old) took a wife of only 13 to 14. There are still places in this country where that is common. The more we change the more we stay the same.

'Abuser' of young girls? The facts please.

GG

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic."

You go Uncle Ted! :)

Gunner Gatlin, I was referring to El Pistoleros de Taos's comment. Personally I had not ever heard nor read that he had abused underage girls during his rock stardom. I have always had the utmost respect for Ted.

pinto pat you never saw what you said, he never bothered answering any comment from the anti gun, anti conservative rag called the examiner. It is a trash paper, said reagan was worst president, hanity is as bad and so on, a liberal paper. They started all of those factless lies .

Shame on all of you for not reading the truth.

When I was 17 i was going out with young girls, so was everyone eise. When I asked a older girl, of 16 or above, I got wacked with beat it, I only go out with college men. That hurt. Besides, who wanted to go out with an old girl. Ha. Mom, why wont those girls go out with me,?

Except for that little draft dodging thing

True... But we had a draft dodger as a president. Plus with all the good things he has done for our service men and women I find that point moot and over-whined about. ;)

GG

For those interested, the above posts show the dangers of argumentum ad hominem. This logical fallacy ignores the merits of a person's statement or position, instead attacking the person delivering the statement on a personal level. Doing so causes the position itself to be lost or given less credence based upon the characteristics attributed to the person.

Looking back on the '60s I guess that I'm the only one who would have done a few things differently if I knew then what I know now.

That thought aside, Uncle Ted sure has a way with words when it comes to explaining the 2nd. Amendment to liberal idiots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCHtw6WbbnM

I am pleased to say that I have known Da Nuge for over 3 decades. You haven't known him for 10 minutes. Your report of his diddling teenage girls when he was a young rock star has absolutely no merit other than to suspect the obvious. He is/was a rock star and he was mobbed by teens a long, long time ago.

His wife, Shemane, is one of the prettiest and most fervent supporters of her man, Ted as any man would be proud to know. They have been happily married to each other longer than most on this SASS WAHR have been married at all. They have raised great kids, too.

Whether or not you are aware of it, detracting against a man who has fearlessly protected your rights makes you the problem. Who is your audience? What are they writing about you?

Nothing....and no one. You preach to the choir. Ted gets out there and puts his ass on the line. The press can take ANYONE down. Ask yourself if you'd like everything you ever said or done on the front page of the Nat'l Inquirer? Yeah, I doubt it.

You 'got nothin'... ... get out of the man's way. He's on our side.

For those interested, the above posts show the dangers of argumentum ad hominem. This logical fallacy ignores the merits of a person's statement or position, instead attacking the person delivering the statement on a personal level. Doing so causes the position itself to be lost or given less credence based upon the characteristics attributed to the person.

Life's tough ain't it ;)

GG

+1+1+1 to Brother King. Well said

Would Ted rank above or below Clinton (when he was in the Oval Office) or Kennedy?

And what does any of that matter?

If we all did 1% of what Ted does for our gun rights .

We would never loose any rights again .

Life's tough ain't it ;)

GG

It's even tougher for some! I was simply pointing out that the relative merits of a statement such as the original post, which I happen to agree with (and didn't mention above), can easily get lost as a result fallacious reasoning, discussion and argument.

+1+1+1 to Brother King. Well said

I would also agree.

If we all did 1% of what Ted does for our gun rights .

We would never loose any rights again .

Well.... Maybe 2%...

It's even tougher for some! I was simply pointing out that the relative merits of a statement such as the original post, which I happen to agree with (and didn't mention above), can easily get lost as a result fallacious reasoning, discussion and argument.

The way of the Wire LOL!.... Doubt it'll ever change...

GG

The way of the Wire LOL!.... Doubt it'll ever change...

GG

The way of humanity. Lawyers do it all the time. I've been called some pretty interesting things for pointing out a fallacious argument.

But yes, the way of The Wire, and internet forums in general, it seems.

The way of humanity. Lawyers do it all the time. I've been called some pretty interesting things for pointing out a fallacious argument.

But yes, the way of The Wire, and internet forums in general, it seems.

As mentioned... life's tough.... ;)

GG

Cult of personality. That's what I really think. And sure, they may believe in all they say, so much they let EVERYBODY know. Whoopeee!!!

When all these big mouths pack up for Iraq or Syria and go shoot a few of ISIS crowd, while getting shot back at, instead of bemoaning everything they disagree with, maybe I'll listen. I am sure the locals will take volunteers.

Most are too cowardly to run for any office or put themselves in harm's way cause they can't let go of their freedom, fame and income. Cramps their lifestyle. But damn doesn't Uncle Ted look rugged holding his AR in front of his jacked up Jeep on the custom wheel ad in the local tire shop. Think I'll go by some tires and wheels today!

So they wanna shoot off at the mouth to inspire us, for us to look up to them and for us to go into action. Hmm...ok. Ya'll are being played by lazy nincompoops.

Running your mouth and showing your face on FOX and joining hearty, spirited debate is far from putting one's ass on the line. It's just running one's mouth like I am here.

While Terrible Ted may not have served, I know for a fact he has gone into combat zones with the USO.

Cult of personality. That's what I really think. And sure, they may believe in all they say, so much they let EVERYBODY know. Whoopeee!!!

When all these big mouths pack up for Iraq or Syria and go shoot a few of ISIS crowd, while getting shot back at, instead of bemoaning everything they disagree with, maybe I'll listen. I am sure the locals will take volunteers.

Most are too cowardly to run for any office or put themselves in harm's way cause they can't let go of their freedom, fame and income. Cramps their lifestyle. But damn doesn't Uncle Ted look rugged holding his AR in front of his jacked up Jeep on the custom wheel ad in the local tire shop. Think I'll go by some tires and wheels today!

So they wanna shoot off at the mouth to inspire us, for us to look up to them and for us to go into action. Hmm...ok. Ya'll are being played by lazy nincompoops.

Running your mouth and showing your face on FOX and joining hearty, spirited debate is far from putting one's ass on the line. It's just running one's mouth like I am here.

well...ya sure nailed part of that one right. The difference is that in one case people all over are talking about what he said; and in the other no one really cares or even really notices.

I've never listened to Nugent's music nor do I know much about him. So I'm not ii his cult or being played. I do find his language usually more strident and in your face than necessary and I don't think he is likely to sway any fence sitters on the subject of gun control.

That said I am not about to brand anyone a coward simply because they haven't served in combat. I feel he has a right to shoot his mouth off as much as any citizen. I do wish he could dial it back and thus be more effective in his arguments. A reasoned, calm, and well thought presentation of gun rights is a better weapon in my opinion.

I don't think I'm alone in this view.

I am not a Nugent fan, but for none of the above posts.

He has a hunting show that is shown nationally ( internationally too I suppose) and does not really reflect how a lot of us hunters think and act. He was cited by F & G in California and Alaska for violating hunting laws and to my knowledge has never really addressed his transgressions. All I have heard was it was his producers fault, not his.

Just sayin...... not my favorite personality representing hunting.

Indeed.... unfortunately his staff applied for the wrong area by mistake. Yes, ultimately that's on him, but if you have never picked through the legaleze that is required to apply for a particular area, season, type of weapon, etc. then you're in for a real treat.

Licenses must be applied for almost a year in advance in some areas. In others, simply putting down the wrong 'type' may get you a bow tag in a rifle only season or vice versa. In fact, you may have missed it, but he devoted a whole segment to his contrite apology.

Sorry, but your brand of 'reasoned, calm, statistical, rational' argument just doesn't get anyone's attention the way Ted's does. Same with hunting, I can't tell you how many in my (hunting) industry ran for cover when Ted announced very publically, "Happiness is a warm gut pile".

That may not resonate with the housewives of BelAir, but then I personally will take anyone to task for "HARVESTING" an elk. We harvest beans and corn.... elk aren't plants and if you don't have the cajones to kill one then I'd prefer you just stay home. But, that's just me.... :o

Archived