SASS Wire Forum

"Moonbeam" signs three of the four remaining anti-gun laws.

Well Moonbeam did us in this year....

He just announce that he has signed

AB1014 - Gun violence restraining orders - This is very dangerous, a family could decide you have a mental problem and can obtain a restraining order requiring you to give up your guns based on the persons perception that you are unstable.....

AB1609 - Interstate firearms transfers. Every firearm coming into California has to go through an FFL even if you own it and are bringing back into the state.

and

SB199 - Airsoft BB device restrictions - Makes all existing BB devices illegal for sale or transfer. If you have one you cannot sell it or give it away. Any existing BB guns in store stock cannot be sold because they now have to be brightly colored. This is direct conflict with federal law so I expect this one to be challenged since federal specifically states no state law can pre-empt federal law.

HE did VETO

SB 808 - DOJ issued serial numbers. This one I am happy about cuz it would have made me an instant law breaker. I was NOT going to get serial numbers stamped on my antiques and collectables.

Veto Message>http://gov.ca.gov/docs/SB_808_Veto_Message.pdf

JJJ-D

:ph34r: :ph34r:

Well Moonbeam did us in this year....

He just announce that he has signed

AB1014 - Gun violence restraining orders - This is very dangerous, a family could decide you have a mental problem and can obtain a restraining order requiring you to give up your guns based on the persons perception that you are unstable.....

AB1609 - Interstate firearms transfers. Every firearm coming into California has to go through an FFL even if you own it and are bringing back into the state.

I can see this one being challenged

and

SB199 - Airsoft BB device restrictions - Makes all existing BB devices illegal for sale or transfer. If you have one you cannot sell it or give it away. Any existing BB guns in store stock cannot be sold because they now have to be brightly colored. This is direct conflict with federal law so I expect this one to be challenged since federal specifically states no state law can pre-empt federal law.

HE did VETO

SB 808 - DOJ issued serial numbers. This one I am happy about cuz it would have made me an instant law breaker. I was NOT going to get serial numbers stamped on my antiques and collectables.

Veto Message>http://gov.ca.gov/docs/SB_808_Veto_Message.pdf

JJJ-D

:ph34r: :ph34r:

How many times you gonna post your stupid?

http://sassnet.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=228075

Please do all of us Ca. folks a favor and don't come here--

LG

Thank you Lumpy. Why is it everyone forgets about the stupid legislation in New Jersey, New York, Illinois, or Massachusetts?

Thank you Lumpy. Why is it everyone forgets about the stupid legislation in New Jersey, New York, Illinois, or Massachusetts?

Probably because the fact that this thread is about California (politicians) signing in more crap law. want to talk about the ills of other states - start a thread on it.

G (Cali native, proud of the state overall, but the politics are shameful) G ~ :FlagAm:

Probably because the fact that this thread is about California (politicians) signing in more crap law. want to talk about the ills of other states - start a thread on it.

G (Cali native, proud of the state overall, but the politics are shameful) G ~ :FlagAm:

That was his point - people who will start threads bashing the Golden State will turn a blind eye to legislation equally as bad in other states. And, if a thread is started, like the one about CT, then they express sympathy, not the hate and bashing that CA gets.

That was his point - people who will start threads bashing the Golden State will turn a blind eye to legislation equally as bad in other states. And, if a thread is started, like the one about CT, then they express sympathy, not the hate and bashing that CA gets.

That's a FACT :excl:

Facts can be stubborn things-

LG

Yep, they all want to pound "all Kalifornians" whenever more of our rights are taken away, but when it happens in Connecticut, New York or some other bastion of liberalism they can't offer enough consolation and sorrow.

LOL! Guess that's cause California leads the way in goofy anti-gun legislation....and beleive me! I have written, called, faxed, emailed, and donated to that state's anti-gun control fight...Good luck fellas.

GG

IMHO, AB109 is going to cause some real headaches and how they choose to enforce it may result in law enforcement searches at our Agricultural inspection stations on all highways coming into the state. If I take my hunting rifle to hunt out of state do I have to turn it into a FFL and go through the background check when I get back home?How about all of you not living in Kalifornia that might come here to participate in a match? Many of us travel to Winter Range with quite a few firearms will they have to all go through an FFL when we get home? I can't see this law surviving a court challenge.

IMHO, AB109 is going to cause some real headaches and how they choose to enforce it may result in law enforcement searches at our Agricultural inspection stations on all highways coming into the state. If I take my hunting rifle to hunt out of state do I have to turn it into a FFL and go through the background check when I get back home?How about all of you not living in Kalifornia that might come here to participate in a match? Many of us travel to Winter Range with quite a few firearms will they have to all go through an FFL when we get home? I can't see this law surviving a court challenge.

Thats what I am thinking, serious infringment

Thats what I am thinking, serious infringment

Serious Infringement, indeed. How are they ever going to enforce this one let alone AB 1014 the gun violence restraining order. I'm not prepared to let any LEO search my vehicle when I come back into the state.

Serious Infringement, indeed. How are they ever going to enforce this one let alone AB 1014 the gun violence restraining order. I'm not prepared to let any LEO search my vehicle when I come back into the state.

+ 1 wouldn't that be violating the 4th amendment for them to just start searching without permission

Archived