SASS Wire Forum

1929 Disney - Dance of the Skeletons

Subdeacon Joe

from there to Fantasia

The quality of cartoons then and now is like comparing master's paintings to a 2 year olds. What takes 3-4 pages to make a movement used to take 25 to make it fluid and normal looking. Cartoons were works of art and passion, today they are cheap paychecks. Disney claimed to have used hours upon hours of Buddy Ebson dancing to be able to make Mickey's movements look normal. I love the old cartoons, not so much today's. Today they use all the star power they can to help sell the film and all you have is the actors voice. Back in the day, Mel Blanc was the go to guy for about 100 voices. Todays cartoons don't even compare to the classics. Alright I'm off my soap box, but I still like the older cartoons.

Was babysitting the grand daughter a few weeks ago and turned on the cartoon channel - what crap! Found the Disney channel and watched their Robin Hood cartoon and was really enthralled - me that is not the grand daughter. She's only 2 and not much of an attention span.

The quality of cartoons then and now is like comparing master's paintings to a 2 year olds. What takes 3-4 pages to make a movement used to take 25 to make it fluid and normal looking. Cartoons were works of art and passion, today they are cheap paychecks. Disney claimed to have used hours upon hours of Buddy Ebson dancing to be able to make Mickey's movements look normal. I love the old cartoons, not so much today's. Today they use all the star power they can to help sell the film and all you have is the actors voice. Back in the day, Mel Blanc was the go to guy for about 100 voices. Todays cartoons don't even compare to the classics. Alright I'm off my soap box, but I still like the older cartoons.

What HE said!!

Archived