SASS Wire Forum

What can you tell me about

Train Robber 13659

Very high quality. My understanding is that were licensed to be built in Belgium by Colt. All original tooling, produced around 1960, thus the Centennial name. There is a whole society devoted to the collecting and study of these. There is a man who frequents Cas City who would love to have pictures and full details of what you have as they are always looking for new finds.

http://www.1960nma.org/index.html

Train Robber, you don't give much information about your whereabouts. I understand that.

There is a Colt Collector show on Oct 3-4 at the Embassy Suites in Concord, NC, about twenty miles northeast of Charlotte. I attended this show a couple of years ago after shooting a CAS match that day. They were quite interested that I actively shot a Colt Bisley made in 1902. It was not a collector-grade gun and was in great shooting condition. It is a show worth getting to if you want to see some very cool Colts and have yours looked at by very knowledgeable people.

Our good pard Long John's Wolf in Germany is a leading authority on these pistols. He chimes in here sometimes so maybe he will see this.

He usually comes to our annual match here in the TX Panhandle so I will ask him if he does not chime in here on this thread before then.

IIRC the 1960s are made on the old Colt machines and tools and are a continuation of the 1860 models

Archived