SASS Wire Forum

Winter Range, Here I come!

Cheyenne Culpepper 32827

just bought my ticket on Southwest, $416 round trip from Tampa.

missed last year, but not this year, I hope!

gonna be a good time!

just bought my ticket on Southwest, $416 round trip from Tampa.

missed last year, but not this year, I hope!

gonna be a good time!

I'm guessing that does not include your checked bags with Firearms?

Just curious cuz I never flew with cowboy guns before.

Heck I never flew with ANY guns before.

Just wonderin'.

See you at the Siege, CC.

Waimea

:FlagAm:

$0 extra with Southwest is possible. 2 bags checked for free as long as you are under 50lbs each.

3 of us Derringer's just flew from AZ to IN for Hoosier Ambush. Each of us had hard long gun cases that weighed 47-50 lbs. And another bag each with clothes and ammo that weighed 47-50 lbs also.

on my trip to Winter Range my guns cost 4x's more to fly than I did

You should probably explain your experience a little bit. Whenever I travel with guns they just get checked in with the regular baggage. No extra cost because they contain guns.

$0 extra with Southwest is possible. 2 bags checked for free as long as you are under 50lbs each.

3 of us Derringer's just flew from AZ to IN for Hoosier Ambush. Each of us had hard long gun cases that weighed 47-50 lbs. And another bag each with clothes and ammo that weighed 47-50 lbs also.

I'm flyin' with Slick Derringer from now on.

I'm thinkin' my Pard Chicken Scratch couldn't decide on what to take.

So he took it all.

And CS has a LOT of guns.

Even more than me.

:lol:

Waimea

Winter Range is on Kaya, mama's and my list someday. A new state ta git beat by Kaya in is what she says! Maybe she could stay home. At the very least I could check her as baggage so I don't have ta look at another belt buckle all the way home.........

We are going again in Feb. and we like others will fly Southwest and not pay extra for baggage (check two bags free and a carry on). Now with a shoot the size of WR we pickup sg shells local and ship our rifle/pistol ammo to the range . You can fly with eleven pounds of ammo so we try to fly with enough pistol/rifle ammo to cover the main match just incase . Can't wait .

You should probably explain your experience a little bit. Whenever I travel with guns they just get checked in with the regular baggage. No extra cost because they contain guns.

found a round trip ticket on Delta for $250

1st bag is $35

2nd is $125

all guns cases are $150 each way

only 2 long guns per case allow

up to 5 pistols in one case

only 11lbs of ammo allowed

3 gun cases $450 each way

Delta hates guns so much I had to go through special screening with the homeland terrorist team leaving Phoenix

NEXT TIME I'M FLYING SOUTHWEST!!!!!!!

Chicken Scratch

I fly Southwest all the time and only Southwest if I have guns with me. TSA rules only, no extra stuff like Delta and some of the other airlines. They also have one of the better records for lost luggage. My flight to PHX is booked for January 7th and I'm not coming back to the cold North East until after Easter. I feel better the moment I book the flight. Looking forward to seeing all my AZ. pards.

I'm guessing that does not include your checked bags with Firearms?

Just curious cuz I never flew with cowboy guns before.

Heck I never flew with ANY guns before.

Just wonderin'.

See you at the Siege, CC.

Waimea

like tha others sed, that's tha total cost with Southwest! my spurs, leather and important stuff go in tha carry on, guns and 11 lbs of ammo with guns, clothes and portable gun cart in other suitcase....

all this makes for a happy camper/shooter!!

CS, Thanks for sharing that experience with Delta. I'll be sure to avoid them in the future.

Southwest is the way to fly from now on.

Purdy Boy, How are you going to find room for all your fancy duds?

Waimea

Everything booked & rarin' to go...flying on 'Virgin Australia who don't hassle ya' about guns ..looking forward to another 5 weeks in your great country !

Wow. I'll be sure to avoid Delta.

I have not had bad experiences with Delta. They are not anti-gun. However their baggage fees make them unattractive when flying with lots of gear - guns or anything else. If you get a better route or overall price with Delta don't hesitate booking with them. That said, Southwest is a good airline when flying with lots of gear. Two bags are included in the ticket price. They also put their advance purchase tickets on sale regularly. There is good deal on flights in and out of PHX right now that would cover Winter Range.

I have flown three times to Alaska, on Alaska airlines to CAS shoots

I have a huge diamond plate gun tote that held all required guns for There shooters, huge package, heavy as heck

No problems, and normal overweight fees were incurred only some of the time, sometimes free

DO NOT EXPECT airline employees to know there own airline SPECIFIC fire arm rules

Alaska has been the only one that does........

Print the specific airline rules you are traveling with, you just may need them, I did on more than one occasion

Even when the supervisor was called, my printed rules for their airline trumped, there demands

True story, very true

Archived