SASS Wire Forum

Sale gone bad 2

I hope that this situation is very rare on the wire. I am in the process of sending out a check on a transaction and am concerned that this could happen to me. As a lawyer and a judge I realize that there isn't much that you can do to protect yourself except try to make sure that the person you are dealing with doesn't have a bad reputation on the wire. If these situations continue to occur, it will really make folks think twice before making a purchase and impact our ability to use the wire to deal with pards who share our love of firearms, shooting and CAS.

I've lost track of how many SASS Wire transactions I've made. I've been treated unfairly exactly zero times.

I've lost track of how many SASS Wire transactions I've made. I've been treated unfairly exactly zero times.

Same here.

Same here.

Never had a problem..all have been...very good...12 or 13 gun deals...boots...shirts..suspenders...wild rags..pants...most all of my outfits... $12 suspenders to a pair of Colts...nothing has changed just one bad apple...Jim

Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, October 16, 2014 - Religous debate
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, October 16, 2014 - Religous debate

No Horse,

don't be so hard on yeself about finding it hard with forgiveness. The BIBLE teaches that forgiveness has to be sought and requested BEFORE forgiveness is granted. The recipient of forgiveness has certain actions to invoke before the act of forgiveness starts to take place.

In this case, your reluctance of forgiveness is understood and has no bearing on you being a good or "lousy Christian" (your words).

..........Widder

Widder, I respectfully disagree. My bible says that I have to forgive. For example in the Lord's prayer (Mt 6:12), "Forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors." Meaning that I am asking to be forgiven in the same way that I forgive others. I really need to work on my forgiveness to experience God's forgiveness. There are numerous passages like Mt 18:21-35, that demand we forgive others no matter what their response is us. We forgive for to keep our own relationship with God alive. For me unforgiveness is like drinking poison and hoping the other person dies.

Forgiveness:

- doesn't mean that person has to do anything (like ask for it)

- doesn't mean I have to associate with that person ever again

- doesn't mean I free them from the legal consequences of their actions (jail etc)

- doesn't mean I have to trust them ever again (trust is earned)

- doesn't happen immediately, I may have to go through the process again and again for many years

- doesn't mean I forget because I can't forget, I choose not to remember (Hb 10:17)

L

Slowhand...You are correct and I have let my emotional side take over. I have never been much of a group/member type and then I found you cowboys. Guess I am a bit old fashioned. Raised to believe a short rope and a tall limb were the answer to many problems. Still can't abide a thief. How does a guy look at himself in a mirrow. I will stop now......I am a lousy Christian. ...have a hard time with that forgiveness part....Thanks for the insights....Jim

Jim:

I know you and you are a good man! I'm glad to have you as a friend.

Misplacdtxn contacted me last night to give me the what for. He is pixxxx off at his brother for not sending the guns and me apparently for questioning his??? Texas ness?? Maybe ethics....??? he was not to clear. Says he was advised that blah blah blah...give copies of all threating mail blah blah but he had rethought that and would not be contacting the Sheriff today. I don't for one minute believe that anyone threatened him. Anyway he claims to have sent the guns. I hope for Bills sake he did.

Told him he had jeopardized the trust we all put in the Wire and he owed an apology to everyone for letting this drag on for two months. Said he missed 2 birthdays, his anniversary and his sons Scouting event while away as if that precluded sending an addressed box to Bill.

We all make choices in life.

He may be a better guy than this all reflects. I do not know him. Some of you may think more of him than I do. I was given some info on him by Bill and I ran hard with it. Bill did not request my help and for any missteps or offenses I created they are completely my responsibility. It still galls me this deal reflects on us all.

Up in the 14th Judical District in Colorado where I lived for twenty years there was a defense called the SODDI defense. Stood for 'Some Other Dude Did It'. This is all you will hear from me on this topic.

Wanna get to the fun stuff...reloading questions...Black Powder stuff. Got a two day shoot this weekend at our club. Can't wait...YeeHaw...Thanks for you patience with my posts...Jim

Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, October 17, 2014 - spam
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, October 17, 2014 - spam

Hi there ,

Now a days sale gone to b very bad .

May be reason is online shopping .

People have craze of online shopping nao a days .

make your online shopping store and increase your cell .

Buy all latest mobile accessories from feyeshoppy*com

----------------------------

Online shopping

I have had 2 bad deals on the wire.

In my mind short of somebody being in the Hospital in ICU, there is no reason at all for some one to not ship a item that has been paid for.

I travel out the country at least twice a year. Right before I left for China I sold a Pard some stuff on the wire. I still managed to get it shipped and keep track of the transaction while in China. Yea it cost me some money to access the Internet over there, oh well.

If your going to sell on the wire get the transaction done or don't sell on the wire.

He had time to cash the money orders but not ship the guns? He should have had them boxed up and ready to go as soon as funds were deilvered, then shipped on the way to the bank. I have taken peronal checks and I ship as soon as I recieve the check. If someone wants to stiff me and ruin there there reputation for a few hundred bucks then I guess that is their problem. So, far it has never happened.

My question is why do sellers feel the need to wait to ship. The buyer sends the funds trusting the seller, shouldn't the seller do the same and ship when the buyer says he has sent the funds. Just seems to me the trust should go both ways. JMHO

You just never know.

Bought a pistol from a lady a couple months ago and she shipped before even getting the check. Some people are just plain nice.

Am currently buying a shotgun from a guy who waited til my check CLEARED to ship. So instead of being able to pick it up from my FFL at this Sundays match, I'm going to have to make a 20 or 30 mile drive to get it when it finally arrives. Now, he never ASKED for a money order, so I sent a check. Wouldn't most folks figure someone who has been a SASS member for 17 years is probably reliable? Some folks may not like me, but NO ONE has ever called me dishonest.

Of course there was this one time.... Was going to trade a nice, but well used 97 for a really neat looking hand made Bowie knife. Had it boxed up ready to ship,but something told me to wait til I got the knife. After a week or two with no knife, contacted the guy who SAID he had shipped it back when. Where was his gun???? Well, the knife NEVER arrived, but he sure said some ugly things to me! Good thing I didn't ship without receiving.

As I said, you never know.

I have never encountered a problem, but I work enough of these frauds everyday to know how many folks are making a living off them.....thank goodness we don't need to worry too much about that sort of thing here in cowboyland.

Well, It has happened. The pistols have shown up at my FFL. I believe maybe the seller has never been to India. In fact, he may be his own brother. But all has turned out well. It just took nearly 2 months to get sorted out. That happened soon after the local LEO showed up. Thanks to all LEO's. I've not seen them as I was at a wedding in, of all places, Texas. What a great state. And the Alamo, hard to explain it. A couple of Cowboy Action Shooters were doing a cap and ball informational on the grounds. They knew what they were talking about. A great time was had by all in the great state of Texas.

Well, it has happened. The pistolas have arrived at my FFL. I have not seen them because I was at a wedding, in of all places, Texas. The Alamo was great! A couple of CAS guys were giving a cap and ball revolver lesson. They knew their history. Pistols showed up shortly after the local LEO got involved. Yeah, LEO's. I don't think the seller has ever seen India, and he may even be his own brother. But it has worked it's self out. It only took 2 months.

Oh, I met a 99 year old WW II vet at the Alamo. He was deaf and in a wheel chair, but still sharp as a tack. And his hand shake hurt my hand when I thanked him for his service. He flew 62 missions. Wow!

Wow, sometimes it happens. At least this story had a ending. Good Shooting.

You made my day...Bill. The Alamo is sacred ground...that WWII Vet was supposed to meet you. Glad those pistolas showed up....Jim

I hope my information to you on how to go about the Law Enforcement route worked- sound's like it did.

Kid

I hope my information to you on how to go about the Law Enforcement route worked- sound's like it did.

Kid

I think the Jim No Horse route did the trick!!!!

I'm glad this one turned out OK.

With fear of sounding sexist - wow, this has been like a male-version of a soap opera! I couldn't wait to read the next post, wondering if the guns would ever arrive. I am glad they finally did and wow, Woodbury Bill, you have certainly showed a lot more patience that I could muster. I sure hope that when you inspect them they are as advertised!

Being fairly new to this forum I am very impressed with the level of support offered and the willingness of so many in the beginning to giver the seller the benefit of the doubt. Very Cool! On some forums things can get pretty nasty and mean. I never read that here. Instead I read a level of courtesy that is encouraging me to keep coming back.

Glad Bill got his guns! Does anyone know if misplacdtxn is really from Texas? Yee Haw!!! ..like the Ranger said, 'We're in the preventing business'....Jim

I am wondering if the guns that arrived are as advertised. Are they?

Kelby

Archived