SASS Wire Forum

Sale gone bad 2

Turns out Cowboy seller involved has been in India for the last 3 weeks. His brother was supposed to ship guns and forgot. I am relieved and my faith in pards is restored. Thanks for everyone's support in these troubled times.

Bill

The man is getting online as we can see from his last timestamp being on the SASSWire. Which means he is getting his emails also. I work out of country as well and in today's world we all have phones and email that works where ever we go when working out of country. I know because I work out of country as well. Now that the cat is out of the bag myself and others will stay clear of him.

There is the timestamp of his last visit. Looks to me like he is blowing smoke up your rectum than telling the truth.

misplacdtxn Member Since 06 Sep 2013
Offline Last Active Sep 22 2014 10:04 AM

The man is getting online as we can see from his last timestamp being on the SASSWire. Which means he is getting his emails also. I work out of country as well and in today's world we all have phones and email that works where ever we go when working out of country. I know because I work out of country as well. Now that the cat is out of the bag myself and others will stay clear of him.

There is the timestamp of his last visit. Looks to me like he is blowing smoke up your rectum than telling the truth.

misplacdtxn Member Since 06 Sep 2013

Offline Last Active Sep 22 2014 10:04 AM

I am not defending this guy but here is a possible reason for that. I had an experience during a lengthy hospital stay in which a few people thought I was dodging them:

When I open my internet browser 6 tabs open up four of which are my favorite forums. This happens EVERY time you click the internet browser. Each tab automatically logs me into the respective forums and websites, thus updating the timestamp. This is the way I have it set up and the way I prefer it. My wife often uses my compy and had been unknowingly logging into these websites, I had no unfinished business at the time but I did have a backlog of messages when I got back.

It does sound suspicious and I would be very cautious of future dealings with the guy, but he could be in a similar situation as I was.

I have been on the Wire for years had to recreate my account sometime back because of a glitch. We have a way of protecting each other here and always will from the bad seeds that do shady business. I once visited a thieves home in my area that did this same thing. Took the mans money and ran and would not ship the item. After my visit to his home he then returned the pards money.

• 2 weeks later...

WB, I sent you a PM when you first posted and never got a reply. If this is for real let us know what city he lives in. If he is close to me I would be glad to stop by his home..pick up the gun...guns and ship them to you myself. This deal seems odd to me. If you would like to explain or if I can help...e-mail me at abarbee@austinshost.com....or PM...send me an email much easier.

I personally would like to see this deal cleared up...pronto. Jim

Sent him a PM but he has not been on Wire since Sept 25 according to his profile. Colonge MN is just outside Minneapolis and if you give me his name I can have a retired Operating Engineer buddy of mine stop by and have a chat...he's good people and would send them himself for me. This clown gives Texans a bad name. Dang embarrassing....Jim

Civil matter the cops nay or may not be helpful, depends on political views and wether it's an election year or not. Best case it is an election year and the officer is pro gun. Then he talks to the bad guy, maybe hard enough to scare him to correct the situation. Best thing if it's ruled a civil matter is contact the nra as they have pro gun advocate lawyers on file. Hire one to represent you in that area, remember hiring a Tx lawyer would require hireling a min layer unless the Tx lawyer is licensed to practice in minn. Start a civil suit against the person. These things take timea long time and none of us are getting any younger. Plan on several years at best. Unless he gives in and does the correct thing. It might be he needs to see that you are serious before he does right but then he may never do right look at OJ. If he leaves the country before you send legal notice he free and clear afterwards it can appear he's running. It may cost you more to end this but doing right isn't always cheap.

Like the old saying all it takes for evil to exist is for good men to do nothing.

I agree with those who say that it is now past just a personal problem intervening into a legitimate business deal so no need to protect identities. Givve him a day or two notice that you are going put his name into the arena and check to see if any of his friends recognises this dude. If not then perhaps they can be told about their buddy by someone who lives close by.

Bill informs me that a Sheriff in Minnesota has spoken to our wayward cowboy and given him a week to send the guns or face fraud charges. According to Bill he admits not sending the guns and claims his brother has them. I personally love the fact its a Sheriff bringing this lying hombre to justice. I joined this posse for two reasons. To try to help a fellow cowboy ripped off on our wire. Can't have that. Also claims to be a fellow Texan....god help us all if he was born here. All I want after the guns are delivered is to find out where the guy was born. If it's Texas...guess I will have to start eating crow. All of my many purchases on the Classifieds have been good and have made many friends along the way. This deal just irritated me beyond belief. Sorry Bill had this happen to him. He is coming to San Antonio from Nebraska this week for a wedding and I invited him to come shoot our annual two day shoot Whoopin Saturday and Sunday. Like to meet him and show him some real Texas hospitality.

Lets hope so...got my fingers crossed...Thanks Jim...We are pulling for you Bill!

I just got an e-mail from the seller. He says he has shipped them, and he has no excuses. He may have been out of the country, so I'll give him a break. Bought on August 27th. Hope to see them by Oct 27th. Many cowboys have been very helpful with this deal. I never would have thought of using the sheriff. I guess law dogs do go around here!

Bill

I just got an e-mail from the seller. He says he has shipped them, and he has no excuses. He may have been out of the country, so I'll give him a break. Bought on August 27th. Hope to see them by Oct 27th. Many cowboys have been very helpful with this deal. I never would have thought of using the sheriff. I guess law dogs do go around here!

Bill

Did he include tracking numbers?

LG

I sent him a message asking if his boss at Bancor knew he was a liar and a swindler and if his neighbors in Colonge knew he had defrauded a fellow in Nebraska. Google mapped his street for addresses and ask if he would like a draft copy of my letter before I sent it to his boss and his neighbors. Can't abide a thief. Especially one from Texas. I believe the Sheriff is what moved him. I would have just humiliated him. The only time this guy saw India was in National Geographic in the doctors waiting room. Makes me sad this guy...misplacdtxn has access to the Wire....Jim

Jim, do not let your devotion to Texas cloud your judgement of the people living there. We here in the South were invaded many years ago and since that time the influx into the big cities has changed the overall make up of core beliefs in our states. I was heart broken when Old Virginia turned Democrat six years ago BUT thought for sure they would come back to the fold last election. I was wrong, the combination of outsiders and the sad state of most of our counties younger generations has changed the country as a whole. History now proves, the mega cities are changing the core beliefs and values of our states and even their more recent offspring forever. If one believes in the ideal that what one earns should be shared by 'all', then it is just semantics as to how any member of 'the all' goes about collecting his due!

Slowhand...You are correct and I have let my emotional side take over. I have never been much of a group/member type and then I found you cowboys. Guess I am a bit old fashioned. Raised to believe a short rope and a tall limb were the answer to many problems. Still can't abide a thief. How does a guy look at himself in a mirrow. I will stop now......I am a lousy Christian. ...have a hard time with that forgiveness part....Thanks for the insights....Jim

Bill

PLEASE give us the word when they come in-- I told you on the PM awhile back to go the LE way- and state larceny of a firearm, and interstate fraud!

I hope that this situation is very rare on the wire. I am in the process of sending out a check on a transaction and am concerned that this could happen to me. As a lawyer and a judge I realize that there isn't much that you can do to protect yourself except try to make sure that the person you are dealing with doesn't have a bad reputation on the wire. If these situations continue to occur, it will really make folks think twice before making a purchase and impact our ability to use the wire to deal with pards who share our love of firearms, shooting and CAS.

Beautiful dog Kid...I am a dog guy myself...and the LE way worked...God bless you for helping Bill...Jim

Slowhand...You are correct and I have let my emotional side take over. I have never been much of a group/member type and then I found you cowboys. Guess I am a bit old fashioned. Raised to believe a short rope and a tall limb were the answer to many problems. Still can't abide a thief. How does a guy look at himself in a mirrow. I will stop now......I am a lousy Christian. ...have a hard time with that forgiveness part....Thanks for the insights....Jim

No Horse,

don't be so hard on yeself about finding it hard with forgiveness. The BIBLE teaches that forgiveness has to be sought and requested BEFORE forgiveness is granted. The recipient of forgiveness has certain actions to invoke before the act of forgiveness starts to take place.

In this case, your reluctance of forgiveness is understood and has no bearing on you being a good or "lousy Christian" (your words).

..........Widder

Archived