SASS Wire Forum

A 10

Guest Tascosa Kid #90830

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

goody goody!!! betcha those fly boys are smiling real big!!!!

Obama said, "No boots on the ground!" (So what are the 1600 troops that are there wearing, moccasins? How about flying tanks! :o

Ya know...a lot of people are questioning why we used F-22's in a ground attack mode, when they are supposed to be air superiority fighters. Now, I don't know much about that bird, except what I read in Aviation Leak, but from what I've read the F-22 is stealthy, can detect threats at longer distances than just about any of our other assets, and can transmit the data to other aircraft. Even though the Syrian government was informed of the strikes (through the U.N.), that doesn't mean that Assad wouldn't shoot at our planes. So, if the F-22 were looking, they could see if they were being "painted" by Syrian air defenses (if, indeed, they could be detected at all), and either surpress the threat or warn friendlies of where to go to avoid the threats.

Things are really heating up. The FBI is warning the stuff going on in the Middle-East, could result in individual nutcases or fanatics doing stuff right here. Situational awareness, people! Especially for the next few days! :excl:

Seeing the A 10's suiting up just made my day.

I might even consider them warthogs. Oh, they already are. :lol:

Give 'em what fer, boys.

It could be a bad day for some in the middle East.

Here comes JW and the Cavalry,

BBBRRRRRRRAAAAAAPP

After years listening to the artillery firing, both near and far, and watching rounds impact from OPs, I will still say there is something awe inspiring about the sight and sound of A-10s doing their job. It would send chills down my spine.

Worked on it back in the late 70's....it is a flying tank! Designed for ground support, bunker and tank busting....none better.

Dang! That is a scary picture, Bob.

Whoo Hooo. Glad they are on our side.

Boy Howdy!!

I have problem with this, if the CIC is sending our fighting forces into battle then it SHOULD be to kick ass and vanquish our enemy (ISIS), the current jack ass is still pussy footing around and according to some (Col Ralph Peters) he's hitting empty structures at night and NOT really doing anything of value. If you are going to send them out , TURN EM LOSE!!

I hold our forces in high regard and young soldiers and pilots deserve more if they are ordered to battle, May God watch over them all.

If I were POTUS, I'd give one command, SIC'EM!!!!

Nice to see the pic of the Blacksnakes. I get to watch them fly almost every day while at work. They make you thank God your an American when you see them go over at 500 feet! It is amazing what a load they can carry. I know they are coming after they are already overhead. Those big turbines make a distinct whine.

God's speed and safe trip boys!

The 122nd Fighter Wing, BTW.

After years listening to the artillery firing, both near and far, and watching rounds impact from OPs, I will still say there is something awe inspiring about the sight and sound of A-10s doing their job. It would send chills down my spine.

I never saw an A-10 in combat. We were supported primarily by Polish Mi-24, Cobras, Apaches, and Marine F-18. Now that I think about it, I don't think the Air Force ever provided air support for us.

We had only Spads. when I was in.

Better than the Baloon Corps like Forty Rod had though. :D

Obama said, "No boots on the ground!" (So what are the 1600 troops that are there wearing, moccasins? How about flying tanks! :o

Ya know...a lot of people are questioning why we used F-22's in a ground attack mode, when they are supposed to be air superiority fighters. Now, I don't know much about that bird, except what I read in Aviation Leak, but from what I've read the F-22 is stealthy, can detect threats at longer distances than just about any of our other assets, and can transmit the data to other aircraft. Even though the Syrian government was informed of the strikes (through the U.N.), that doesn't mean that Assad wouldn't shoot at our planes. So, if the F-22 were looking, they could see if they were being "painted" by Syrian air defenses (if, indeed, they could be detected at all), and either surpress the threat or warn friendlies of where to go to avoid the threats.

Things are really heating up. The FBI is warning the stuff going on in the Middle-East, could result in individual nutcases or fanatics doing stuff right here. Situational awareness, people! Especially for the next few days! :excl:

As far as the being lit up by radar, I would think a strike package would bring along an EF-18 Growler.

This sounds like the packages were more USAF..... But what do they have as a electronic warfare plane to replace the EF-111 Ravens?

And if becomes a problem that is what the old wild weasle mission all about.

I have problem with this, if the CIC is sending our fighting forces into battle then it SHOULD be to kick ass and vanquish our enemy (ISIS), the current jack ass is still pussy footing around and according to some (Col Ralph Peters) he's hitting empty structures at night and NOT really doing anything of value. If you are going to send them out , TURN EM LOSE!!

I hold our forces in high regard and young soldiers and pilots deserve more if they are ordered to battle, May God watch over them all.

Remember to get out and vote this election season.

Send a message to that lazy and cowardly sob.

Hopefully the A-10 will put in its usual great performance and the air force brass can see what a mistake attempting to retire the A-10 would be.

I hope isis types enjoy the sound of the A-10 and enjoy meeting the A-10 face to face...... :D:FlagAm:

Archived