SASS Wire Forum

South Carolina Gamecocks

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Over what period BMC?

NAH!! They lost to Texas A&M in their opener!! Several other SEC teams are undefeated!!

Yes but they have the best record of 2/1 (corrected) in the SEC,

That could change next week as other teams catch up in the total of games played

and wins earned.

Cherokee Charlie ain't gonna be happy if that happens. :lol:

They may be the top in SEC- East, but overall in the conference there 5 teams undefeated in SEC-West. I think they rank higher. BTW, I am an alumni of both Ole Miss and the University of Alabama. We'll roast those chickens down here. :D

As I have no dog in the fight, I only observe.

South Carolina has a conference record of 2 wins and 1 loss.

Nobody in the SEC has that record. They either have not played as many games or

have a win loss record that is not as good.

In the EAST DIVISION, Florida has a 1w/1 L record.

In the WEST DIVISION , TEXAS A&M, ALABAMA, AUBURN, AND OLE MISS,

all have a record of 1-0.

The rest have no wins as yet.

IMO the SEC conference is full of cannibals.

They chew each other up each week, and spit out the bones. Fun to watch. I believe that the campus rivalries are as bad as the gridiron .

IMO the SEC conference is full of cannibals.

They chew each other up each week, and spit out the bones. Fun to watch. I believe that the campus rivalries are as bad as the gridiron .

Some folks outside the SEC have a problem understanding is that EVERY SEC game a rivalry game at some level. Somewhere along the line, somebody's done something to cause offense and then it's on.

Some are long standing and intense like Auburn- UGA going back to 1892 (a game which we won 10-0 :P ) while others may not have the long standing tradition but the rivalry runs just as deep- like Auburn-LSU (something about Tubberville and a couple players enjoying a celebratory cigar on the field after a win)- but have only recently gained the intensity.

Folks also fail to take into account that after we've kicked the crap out of each other, we have lots left for those other schools that are not so lucky as to be in the SEC.

I've been doing shows for fraternities and sororities in the SEC for years. As much as they hate each other during the regular season, when the post season starts they all rally behind the other schools!

As of last weekend there were five SEC schools ranked in the top 10! I haven't looked at the standings this week.

Folks also fail to take into account that after we've kicked the crap out of each other, we have lots left for those other schools that are not so lucky as to be in the SEC.

I've been doing shows for fraternities and sororities in the SEC for years. As much as they hate each other during the regular season, when the post season starts they all rally behind the other schools!

As of last weekend there were five SEC schools ranked in the top 10! I haven't looked at the standings this week.

It really is hard to cheer for the Crimson Tide, but somehow most of us do when they play a non-SEC school. I had a hard time getting behind Vandy for the last few years as well; not a Franklin fan at all.

They are still there, Backwater.

It really is hard to cheer for the Crimson Tide, but somehow most of us do when they play a non-SEC school. I had a hard time getting behind Vandy for the last few years as well; not a Franklin fan at all.

Don't feel bad Cody! I can't get behind Tennessee unless they're playing Southern Cal or maybe Notre Dame, and it's still hard for me. It's always seemed like Thug U instead of UT and those orange clad "fans"!! YUCK!!

Don't feel bad Cody! I can't get behind Tennessee unless they're playing Southern Cal or maybe Notre Dame, and it's still hard for me. It's always seemed like Thug U instead of UT and those orange clad "fans"!! YUCK!!

I know the feeling.

If I never have to hear "Rocky Top' again, it would be fine with me!

And since they play the blasted song every time the score, that would mean that I don't want UT to ever score again! They really over do it. I can see the UT Checke- I mean Chess Club playing and the band cranking out Rocky Top every time they take a pawn.

The sad part is my youngest niece plays softball and one of the coaches at UT has taken an interest in her. She's just a freshman but the thought of her wearing all that orange for 4 years and I'd have to root for her to win if she played for them just send shivers down my spine.

I read a lot of folks from other conferences saying that they think that the SEC is over rated. Fine, they are entitled to their opinion. I think they are wrong, but they have that right, too.

Most conferences have one or maybe two really good teams, a couple pretty good teams, a couple fair teams and then the rest are either perennial cellar dwellers or a program that's faded into the local whipping boy.

I had this argument with some Boise State fans a few years ago when they were getting all the press. At the time, they were playing in what I referred to a "Homecoming" conference- meaning their conference opponents are the folks that the SEC sign to play for homecoming. I offered to see if I could get Auburn to go play LA Tech (one of their conference opponents) 3 times for them if they'd go to Death Valley and play LSU once for us. For some reason, they didn't like that idea.

Another way I like deal with those that think that the SEC is over rated in comparison to their favorite team/ conference is to offer to play 'Let's Pretend' like we did when we were kids.

Let's pretend that you are the AD at your favorite college. It's a done deal that your college is going to join the SEC, but, being the magnanimous folks we are here in the SEC, we are going to let you choose which division you are going to play in. The question boils down to whether you want to play Alabama, Auburn, and LSU (and A&M)- home and away- every year for the foreseeable future or do you want to play home and away every year with UGA, UF, and South Carolina (and Mizzou)? Occasionally (if I'm feeling particularly mean), I rephrase it to whether they want to play UK and Vanderbilt every year or would they prefer playing both of the Mississippi schools.

Never have gotten a straight answer on that question for some reason.

Most likely Dawgs and Aggies!!

But it IS the SEC, so you never know!!

There are very few sure things in SEC football!!

Have the best record win/loss record in the SEC conference.

Cherokee Charlie must be smiling.

Wonder how long that will last?

Number 4 is playing linebacker as a true freshman and was one of my AP Macroeconomics students last year. He's a great kid! Go Bryson, except when you're playing Bama.

Number 4 is playing linebacker as a true freshman and was one of my AP Macroeconomics students last year. He's a great kid! Go Bryson, except when you're playing Bama.

Funny how that EXCEPT crept in there, Captain. :lol:

Aren't you glad you invited Missouri into the SEC to add a little class?

With Vandy in the SEC we have all the "class" we need. Mizzou just helps to expand the empire!!

Archived