SASS Wire Forum

Holy Hot Dog, Baseball fans

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Giants and Cards tonight…8:00 Giants up 3-1 so this could be the last game.

Giants and Royals in the WS??? Ya never know………... :ph34r:

I've been away from the thread for several days because my son won, (yes WON) tickets to the ALCS series in Kansas City! We arrived in KC Monday before the rain out was official, killed time at a hotel and shopping until the stadium parking lot opened on Tuesday afternoon. Everywhere we went people would ask us, "Are you here for the game?" Everyone in town was wearing blue. We stopped at an intersection where a road repair crew was fixing a sewer, and when the workers saw our team shirts they shouted out "Go Royals!" Our seats were low in the upper deck just behind home plate on the third base side. Not that we needed seats, we spent most of the time on our feet like all the other fans.

Both games were intense. Hard to describe the atmosphere of tension in the stands that lasted for 3 hours straight in both games. Moustakis made his circus catch just below and to the left of us, and it was replayed on the Jumbotron. The noise level was a physical force and just kept going on when each game was won. The B-2 flyover during the national anthem starting game 4 made less noise than the fans.

If you saw this scenario in a movie you wouldn't believe it, but it was real...a historic, once-in-a- lifetime experience. The three-hour drive home was not enough to drain all the adrenaline. Sleep did not come until the wee hours last night.

Actually, I don't care if the Royals win the World Series or not. This pennant race has been so exciting, it's enough for me!

You Royals fans have a lot to be proud of. Great baseball.

I get the falling feeling that the Cardinal's just do not have the steam

and horses to pull it off this year. Now that Molina is out, well just another

stone in the road. But that is why they play the games.

Looks like I will be a Royals fan in the series.

Well, guess I can put the ST. L hat away until next year.

He Rye, I will be sitting on the curb awaiting spring training, glove in hand. :)

Congratulations to the Giants. Looks like the have a heck of a ball team.

I still going with the Royals tho. ;)

Giants and Royals is it then……Let the games begin. I'll have to root for the American League so…...

GO ROYALS!!!

Well, since I no longer have a dog in the fight, have a moral conscience, or allegiance to either team, I will go with the Royals

When they come to that part about the DH, I just look away.

:lol:

I was awaiting that, Joe.

I tell ya, it ain't easy. But, since none of "my" teams made it in, I have to go with the California team. If no CA team, then a West Coast team - there is one somewhere outside of CA, isn't there?

I tell ya, it ain't easy. But, since none of "my" teams made it in, I have to go with the California team. If no CA team, then a West Coast team - there is one somewhere outside of CA, isn't there?

Not that I am aware of! Seattle gave their's away some years back. :)

Although I'm not an AL fan, I will have to root for the team from the Heartland this year.

I cannot back them Giants. Nope.

The Royals went into first place over Detroit when our secret weapon, our South Korean Superfan Sung Woo Lee, spent a week in Kansas City watching games at Kauffman Stadium. We have just learned that in a remarkable exception in Korean culture, Sung Woo has been granted a leave of absence to return to Kansas City for the World Series!! :D

Pity the Giants...they don't have a chance.

Archived