SASS Wire Forum

Holy Hot Dog, Baseball fans

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best hold on to her, Uno. She sounds like the first prize. :)

THIS CAN NOT BE GOOD. Bottom of the 7th and Pittsburgh is leading 6/Zip over

Braves

Thank you, sweetie.

Just want to point out that since the Royals clinched at least a wild card spot, another I-70 Royals / Cardinals series is one step closer!!

Post season is going to be exciting! For some of us...

Best hold on to her, Uno. She sounds like the first prize. :)

Can't hold her - I've got my teeth clamped to her butt.

Cards won - but so did Philthy the Pitts. Magic number at two - with two games to play. Down to the wire.

People just don't understand. The Cubs are a cold weather team. They play well the first and last week of the season and then get waylaid by the heat of the summer. If we could move baseball to the winter months, why, the Cubs would have more championships than the Yankees.

Just want to point out that since the Royals clinched at least a wild card spot, another I-70 Royals / Cardinals series is one step closer!!

Post season is going to be exciting! For some of us...

I am beginning to think that is a very long shot, J Bar.

Well, Bugs, they burned the Brewers last night.

Well, Pittsburgh lost to Cincinnati today. Bases loaded in the 9th and Cincinnati cleared them to win 10/6. Now if the Cards can win this afternoon against Arizona, but I digress..... :o

Does it get cold in Milwaukee?

How about Green Bay?

The beer is mighty cold in old Milwaukee, my body's here but my soul's in San Antone

And yes the Packers are cold. Lost to Detroit!, Detroit! The team without a city.

At one time, Detroit was a beautiful city.

Green Bay has ALWAYS been a cold city. :lol:

Oh I don't know I've had a hot time or two in Green Bay. But that was after a game In the old days when seating in Lambeau was all on metal benches I do remember buying a program just to put between me and that bench on December afernoon

I remember watching the Green Bay Packers and Vince Lambardi come to Detroit on Thanksgiving day, to give the Lions a lesson in humility.

They played in old Tiger Stadium, one of the colder places in the Northern Hemisphere

on Thanksgiving day.

I can not imagine playing on the Frozen Tundra of Green Bay.

Imagine this. The day I bought the program to keep my butt from freezing to the metal bench Tony Franklin was kicking for the Eagles... Barefooted! I still limp whenever I think about it.

I still regret that my wife and I could not meet you for dinner when you visited Renton.

Our loss, Uno's gain. :)

I will do my best to make sure we get the chance again some day!! With Uno this time.

I'm listening to the LAST Indians game of the season, Tribe is winning 3-1 in the 5th. So sad to see the season over…except for the playoffs and the WS. I got no dog in this race so I'll just enjoy some good post season baseball. :)

Rye

The Cards lost - but so did Philty the Pitts. Magic number down to 1.

I want to have the Cards win - and have the Dodgers avenge last year's embarrassment.

Well, the Cards won due to a default by Pittsburgh. I shudder to see what will happen to them

in the playoffs. ZOMBIES in a RED suit. I am going to be generous here, Uno.

If the Cards and Da Bums play, I will stand you to a BIG DRINK if the Bums win.

If the Cards win, you buy?

If the Cards and Da Bums play, I will stand you to a BIG DRINK if the Bums win.

If the Cards win, you buy?

Define... BIG DRINK.

It's not as if I smell a rat... you rat. ;)

:lol::lol: Well, 7 11's big gulp comes to mind, but make it a tall frosty brewski or a big glass of

something in the 90 to 100 proof range.

Cards are flirting with a loss right now. They are up 1/0 but Arizona has two on and a new pitcher

came in for St. Louie.

You gotta realize I've got "friends" who would absolutely relish insisting that, under the terms of that bet, I was to get them a glass of the Scotch found underneath Shackleton’s Arctic shack. Only because - I've done that to them. And I've been a contracts manager for US Government programs, and if there is a bigger liar and thief -- all 100% legal -- than the US Government, I haven't found them.

I'll happily take your wager - if we limit the BIG DRINK to no more than $50 American.

You can be assured I'D never approach that limit --- Trust me. ;)

The Kansas City Royals have to get past the Oakland A's on Tuesday, then a series with the best team in baseball, the LA Angels.

OK, miracles can happen.

Archived