SASS Wire Forum

Procedurals

Kid Rich

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was attending a CAS match just the other day

I was standing at the loading table and was up next

It was a friend of mine shooting the stage in front of me so I paid attention to her run at it

She did a bla tent Peeeeee, in one shooting sequence, timer operator asks spotters for their response

"Clean" and nothing else was said

I know the shooter well, so I then say ya but ??????? You should have gotten a p,

Several spotters gave me the friendly evil eye and told me I was not a counter or TO, so I was basically chopped liver

I MEARLY REPLIED, ya but I know that ??????.... Would really like to know what happened, and she smiled and said THANKYOU to me, as her state championship shoot is coming up soon, the spotters then admitted her transgression after they did their memory bank replay

They then said, you know what, you were correct and gave her the peee, which she gladly accepted

I think it all played out fair under those exact given circumstances, even at the monthly shoot level

Mileage seems to always vary, I spoke a truth with no malice intent, counters then admitted they did not call it

She respects and honors the truth which helps her in the long run, as she is a multi-multi overall women's state champ and does it with practice, talent, good equipment combined, and on big match day she does it with integrity, on top of all of that

So, your believe is, that it is perfectly acceptable for the peanut gallery to speakout and attempt to sway the three official spotters to change their score on what they supposedly were for sure on? Nothing new here and I see it often enough, and it is rather a pet peeve of mine. If peanut gallery is allowed,to score or influence others then why bother having the three counters?

I see it so often, that when a weak personallity spotter is confronted by a little bit, they will fold and change their score to 'clean'.

Anyway, if PWB says peanut gallery has a voice in the scoring, then I will stand corrected.

Archived