SASS Wire Forum

Who come Wild Bunchers can't shoot SASS matches when no WB matches are available?

Kynoch

The rules for the TEAM match have been modified. We no longer allow the SAA revolvers. All 4 shooters use 1911 pistols.

As has been mentioned before, there is NO such thing as a CAS club. There are SASS clubs. Under the SASS umbrella there are 3 shooting venues. Action Shooting, (often called cowboy action shooting or CAS), Cowboy Mounted Shooting, and Wild Bunch Action Shooting. A SASS member can participate in a sanctioned match in any of the 3 disciplines. All have different rules and different firearm requirements. All are designed to be stand alone sports, but any attempt to grow them by incorporating some exposure during a match of the other discipline just helps all to grow. All 3 sports have their points to brag about. That does NOT mean that any of the three is better or worse than the others, just that they are different.

It would be best for ALL of us to support each other. With all the pressure against firearm ownership any negative thing we say about ANY other shooting sport (much less one of our own) is not helpful.

Thank you Happy Jack!

That is a really nice post.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The rules for the TEAM match have been modified. We no longer allow the SAA revolvers. All 4 shooters use 1911 pistols.

As has been mentioned before, there is NO such thing as a CAS club. There are SASS clubs. Under the SASS umbrella there are 3 shooting venues. Action Shooting, (often called cowboy action shooting or CAS), Cowboy Mounted Shooting, and Wild Bunch Action Shooting. A SASS member can participate in a sanctioned match in any of the 3 disciplines. All have different rules and different firearm requirements. All are designed to be stand alone sports, but any attempt to grow them by incorporating some exposure during a match of the other discipline just helps all to grow. All 3 sports have their points to brag about. That does NOT mean that any of the three is better or worse than the others, just that they are different.

It would be best for ALL of us to support each other. With all the pressure against firearm ownership any negative thing we say about ANY other shooting sport (much less one of our own) is not helpful.

Think that already happens for the most part. I can not think of one big match that does not include a

WB match also. Might be on side match day or a few days before the main cowboy match.

But almost everyone has a WB match separate from the cowboy match, scored and awarded separate also.

As was intended.

So you do shoot regular Cowboy SASS matches???

It shows you are a guest. SO you must not be a member. And from the sounds of it.

Not a member of local SASS clubs either. Or are you????

So you are not a member of SASS or the local clubs. But still want to tell them what they should do. :wacko:

If I am wrong. Please let me know. If you are a member. What club???

I asked you a question after you popped-off about someone you don't know, namely me. I asked where you got your information and rather than answer, you popped-off again. Do you really think I would answer anything you ask of me following that performance?

Archived