SASS Wire Forum

American arms regulator

ORNERY OAF

Pards,

Got a friend who is selling a nice American arms regulator , 45 colt, case color, beautiful blue, has faux ivory grips on it..he knows i shoot sass and asked me what its worth. Honestly i don't know, its stamped uberti and shoots real nice..seen a couple go from 300-400ish. What says the rogues gallery?

Brass or steel grip frame? The ones with the brass grip frame sold NIB for $175-200 for a long time. They were the low end Uberti clone of the era. They are a step up from the ones you see now with the matte black finish and brass grip frame.

Mine (I've got 3- 2 in .45COLT and 1 in .44Mag) came with a brass grip frame. Give them a little TLC (the insides are usually roughly finished) and they are good shooting guns.

If it's steel, I'd figure it was worth about as much as a Uberti Cattleman. If it has the brass, knock off about $25-$50.

I sold a .44-40 AA Regulator with a 2nd convertible cylinder in .44 spl to someone on here in '07 for $399, delivered. Shipping & FFL fees cost me $40. I think it was worth more with the 2nd cylinder, but I made $60 more than I paid, so it worked out well for both of us.

Archived