SASS Wire Forum

What's the Call

dutch bear

Looks pretty wide open to me. Do whatever you want for restaging and movement. Only requirement is to be within arms reach of a pistol sign if they are last.

Bravo!

Stan

It was a fun stage.

Enjoyed all of Phantoms stages yesterday.

And I got to shoot with a lot of people I have never met before.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based on what I saw, He is just doin what other shooters have done before, but extended it to the rifle.

On stages where it can be done, there are some shooters that take small steps inbetween shuckin shotshells and reloading shotshells, to get to the next location to shoot. On stages, where it is possible, there are shooters that shoot the first pistol and has they are holstering and pullin the 2nd pistol they shuffle a few steps to move toward the next shooting location. Not uncommon. Now shooting the rifle while doing it is something not seen everyday...

Pretty slick, and anyone can do it. It takes a strong upper body control - based on excellent shooting form, combined with a flexible lower body movement. Pretty sure he must have spent a few hours of dryfiring to get it down. It is not something that can be done on every stage, but on that particular stage it worked well for him, which resulted in a lack of hurry and scramble for the next long gun. Very nicely done.

I have been on a posse with a young shooter named Ratttlesnake Wrangler many times. Matt Black and Rattlesnake Wrangler shoot a lot alike. (and smile here). I watched the facebook video ,many times. I slowed it down so I could watch in mortal time. Knowing Phantom as I do, and Colt, I did not slow the video down to "catch" the circus midget in any infraction, I just wanted to see how the heck he can run so fast. Phantom, or Colt, would not let Dylan do anything outside of the established SASS rules. I guarantee, had he moved at anytime with a loaded firearm, Phantom would not have hesitated to call him on it...Good run Dylan and good call Phantom.

The "Stage"...

10 Pistol - holstered

10 Rifle - Staged on table

4+ Shotgun - Staged on barrel

Cody Dixon - Rifle staging the same. Double Tap sweep from the back.

Starting Position: High Surrender, behind Pistol sign or standing behind Barrel. (Two options: Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun OR Shotgun, Rifle, Pistol)

Shooter's line: One...there was a time when Id have gotten all three

At Beep - Pistol sequence: Engage both R1 and R7 at least two times AND KD the cowboys. (Only Cowboys left standing and misses on R1 and R7 count as misses.). With Rifle, engage in a 2-1-2 sweep starting

Phantom,

How long is your relaxed dressed code season? We have a couple of clubs around here that still do it.

Stan

Most clubs go through June -September while some clubs don't relax the dress code at all...I wear the same crap regardless...I like pain!!!!!

:blink:

Most clubs go through June -September while some clubs don't relax the dress code at all...I wear the same crap regardless...I like pain!!!!!

:blink:

That's about the same here. I took advantage of it a few times years ago. Decided it wasn't any different. Hot is hot and we are shooting Cowboy Action. Bring on the pain!

I would rather shoot in the heat than in the cold. Hope to see you on the Trail!

Stan

Archived