SASS Wire Forum

Simple question for gunfighters.

Deuce Stevens SASS#55996

Duece, FWIW, I actually enjoy stages with split pistols where I actually get to use transitions to my benefit.

nothing is cooler than shooting duelist and beating most trad shooters on a stage!!

Official answer.....No

Since I understand your sense of humor (it's rare that you have one since you shoot with the other FL guys) then I assumed you were a "no" and counted you.

I did not answer it so I will now the answer is NO,but I do most of the time.

No. As long as it is 10 shots without an intervening long gun, I don't see it as split pistols--though as your replies indicate, it's a matter of semantics. So what do you really want to know. If it's whether I like such scenarios, yes.

Definition:

Revolvers shot from one position or two (or three or four hehe) continuously and only broken by movement = not split.

Revolvers shot from one or MULTIPLE positions with another gun in between = split.

IE

Shooting string from POS 1;

10 rifle 10 revolver 4 shotgun = Not split.

Shooting string from POS 1;

5 revolver 10 rifle 5 revolver 4 shotgun = Split

Shooting string from POS 1 and then POS 2

POS 1 - 10 rifle 4 shotgun 5 revolver AND THEN 5 revolver from POS 2 = Not split.

A gunfighter always has the option of shooting DD if he or she is not gunfighterly enough to remember hammers down whilst moving.....

A challenge in life here and there is most refreshing!

Technically, not a split. Would I do it? Maybe. Being a risk-averse female (that plays with molten lead and explosives) I would inspect the terrain, distance involved and the prop layout and then decide. In slippery conditions, going up a step or two, or uneven ground, it might be faster (and safer) to go DD, holster and take off like a bunny hanging on to the guns holstered instead of carefully negotiating nasty ground sideways with a loaded gun in each hand.

That's funny....you want a simple answer......from the folks on the Wire no less.....funny.

If you ask three cowboy shooters a question.....you will get four answers.

No. They are not split unless there is a long gun to be shot in between the pistols forcing the GF to be a Duelist.

Simple.

Simple question and am looking for a simple yes or no.

Do you consider pistols that are shot back to back but from 2 different positions split pistols?

NO

That's funny....you want a simple answer......from the folks on the Wire no less.....funny.

If you ask three cowboy shooters a question.....you will get four answers.

No. They are not split unless there is a long gun to be shot in between the pistols forcing the GF to be a Duelist.

Simple.

Incorrecto;

GF MAY...stage revolvers after the first five, do something else and then pick them up and finish...whatever. Unless the stage has been set up incorrectly so's NOT to provide a safe place to do this OR, specifically written to the contrary GF are never 'forced' to shoot DD.

Add another NO.

As long as I don't have to do something else with my hands between positions, I don't consider them split. Split means being FORCED to either stage them or FORCED to shoot double duelist. While sometimes I have opted to fire double duelist becase of the type or amount of movement, that was my choice. Others, on the same stage, shot them GF.

If you do write a stage where the pistols will be split, at least provide a place for the guns to be staged so they can be shot gunfighter.

Being one of those humorless guys from Florida - No.

Unless there is some unnecessary crap that also has to be done with the movement, like carrying a bag or your shotgun, then pistols are split even though they are back to back. (Those are the ones that I hate!)

"No." However, I will admit that the only stage DQ I ever got was due to moving to the second location and finding one of the revolvers cocked when I got there. I probably could have gotten away with it because the RO hadn't noticed it either, but I called it on myself. Frankly, it's not split pistols, but it does present additional challenges for the shooter and the RO, not that that's a bad thing!

I agree, the shooting position is split. But it's not a split pistol scenario.

Yet it is still a split of a ten round string into two five round strings,

Guess we can agree to disagree on this one

Five rounds,,,,,, move,,,,,, five more,

Same as , shoot pistol one holster, move tp position two, draw other pistol and fire five more

No sir. There has to be firearm shot in between to "split" the string.

DB :FlagAm:

The action is split

Example, stage says,

Rifle loaded with five, with a five round reload from the body

Shoot rifle five round string from window one, move to window two reload five and ?.?.?.

I call that a split rifle stage :-)

MileAge will very,, fire away

Archived