SASS Wire Forum

Papa! Wear your hat!

Blackwater 53393

For the last few years I have generally worn a black, fitted baseball style hat when I drive, and often when I perform. The other day my grandson, the Bopper, asked me why I don't wear my old grey cowboy hat more often, like when I pick him up in the afternoons after school.

I wear the ball cap because it is easier to get into and out of my vehicles with it on, and I can just turn it around backwards to ride my motorcycle when I'm in a non helmet state.

"Papa, you were wearing that hat when I was born," he reminded me.

"Bopper, it hits the headrest on the car when I drive, and it's hard to get in and out," I explained.

"Well' I wish you'd wear it more. It just looks right."

So Tuesday, I started wearing the old grey hat when I pick up the Bopper. He grinned real big yesterday when he walked out to Ol' Green. That made me grin too. ;)B)

Dishwater ol' pard, I like the gray hat better also. ^_^

481IMG_1992a.jpg

Hey Birdy!! No cracks from the peanut gallery!!

You got yourself moved yet!!

Hits the headrest? Hard to get in and out? Lame excuses sez I.

Boper has it right. Put it on. He'll remember you that way forever.

If necessary get another vehicle. :D

Well there goes my cover in the witless protection program!! :lol:

Hat hits the headrest..... I know the problem. Solution, turn the Headrest around 180* so it leans a bit back instead of forward. No more ducking your chin, no more hat bump.

Blackwater, that's just about the best looking cowboy hat around!

I'm gonna shoot for the first time Sunday, knowing it's my last practice before Ambush. We gonna see you there or do we hafta come up to Wartrace? Had a great time chatting with you, The Judge & Justice Lily Kate and Charlie Bowdrie last year. Looking forward to it again this year! See ya soon!

Blackwater, that's just about the best looking cowboy hat around!

I'm gonna shoot for the first time Sunday, knowing it's my last practice before Ambush. We gonna see you there or do we hafta come up to Wartrace? Had a great time chatting with you, The Judge & Justice Lily Kate and Charlie Bowdrie last year. Looking forward to it again this year! See ya soon!

I'm working this weekend, Bama. That is if you call hangin' out in bars all night and singin' the blues work. I figure if we shut down at 1:00 am Sunday morning, we can get loaded out by 3:00 and I'll get back to the house by 3:45. I won't be fit for nothin' by then, and a two hour drive and all day in the hot sun would just about be the last thing on my mind.

I talked to some folks from Cavern Cove earlier this week and MAN, I want to get back down there and shoot, but it looks like it'll be late this fall before it's likely.

I hope you do well and have a BLAST down there. Tell 'em all that I miss 'em. I hope you can come hang out at Wartrace with me.

I need to find pictures from when the Bopper was born. When I do I'll post the one where he is bundled up and laying in that grey hat. He points that picture out anytime anyone visits Hatfield's place.

That little boy is close to being all cowboy. He's been buggin' us to get him started shooting. We've taught him the safety rules. Soon we'll get him dry fire practicing and maybe next spring we can start him live firing.

Archived