SASS Wire Forum

Faulted position

Ace_of_Hearts

There seems to be a great deal of misunderstanding of the following in the RO-I course material page 6

The Timer Operator never starts a competitor in a faulted position or location. It is not considered a faulted position or location for allowing a shooter to start without appropriately loaded guns or available ammunition on their person.

Most read the above and try to lay the blame of improper staging of guns, not having enough ammo, or any number of other things on the Timer Operator. (including shooting at the wrong targets)

If you are standing in the doorway when you are suppose to stand behind the shed - My fault

If you have your fingers in your ears when you are suppose to have them in something else - My fault

If you stage your gun in the window and it was suppose to be on the hay bail - You get a P and an apology for my lack of attention...... But you do get the P unless you have enough sense to correct it on the clock all by yourself.

The T/O should KNOW the proper starting position/location and refuse to start the shooter if s/he is in a "faulted" position/location.

(this includes "creeping" out of position between the "standby" and the "beep"...which is one of the reasons the timer should be set on "instant' rather than "delay").

Staging of guns & ammo is entirely on the shooter...a good (attentive) Timer Operator will check to see that the shooter has everything in place to correctly engage the stage; but failure to do so is not grounds for a "no call" or a reshoot.

Archived