SASS Wire Forum

Is this a category

Attica Jack  #23953

I do believe Silver Senior Duelist is now a category because they shot it at EOT. Go look at the EOT results and see for yourself.

Not an Official Category like Allie Mo said they just offered it, just like FCGF they shot that at EOT also.

KK

I do believe Silver Senior Duelist is now a category because they shot it at EOT. Go look at the EOT results and see for yourself.

NOPE..

Just because EOT does it. It still does not make it an OFFICIAL SASS category.

To do so. It would have to go through the TG vote at the convention.

EOT offered a couple categories that are not official SASS categories.

Maybe I Missed something and if so please correct me.

Why would EOT give a "World" Championship title to a category that's really not an "official" category ??

Maybe because the MD decided to offer & honor additional categories at the request of those who had been shooting in those "unofficial" categories at the local, State & Regional levels...it allows shooters in those cats (e.g. SGF, FCGF, SSD, as well as the Ladies versions of same) to compete in chosen category if there are enough competitors interested in doing so...regardless of the Territorial Governors' refusal to "officially recognize" and regulate them.

It's a matter of accommodating one's customers.

I knew you would have the answer ;)

Sounds like some people are trying to help this sport grow !!

Thank you for all your help in the sport PW and as always I enjoy talking with you it's always an interesting time .

Same here, Slick...Thanks!

^_^

Senior Duelist is a SASS recognized "age-based" category. There are no "recognized" Silver Senior or Elder Statesman duelist categories that I am aware of but you can always shoot in a younger aged-based category if you are older but you can't shoot in an older age-based category if you are younger.

Hey Attica Jack...next year you and I will get a Deaf, Dumb, and Blind category going :P:lol: . Great shooting with you this past weekend. The Michigan State Range War was Great....Faygo :D:D:D

Guest Hoss Carpenter, SASS Life 7843

Well,. some of us have been shooting Elder Statesman duelist for over a year at the Ocoee Rangers in Cleveland, TN. It's fun.

Hoss

It might do for me to consider such a category for my own participation.

At the doc's office they asked my list of medications and at the end I included "Centrum for Geezers."

Hey Attica Jack...next year you and I will get a Deaf, Dumb, and Blind category going :P:lol: . Great shooting with you this past weekend. The Michigan State Range War was Great....Faygo :D:D:D

don't forget lame

Is Silver Senior Duelist a category? It was shot at the Michigan Range war this weekend, with so many new categories is it mind boggling.

When Doc Roy L Pain turned 60 some folks needed a new category. ;)

Archived