SASS Wire Forum

Are these soles SASS legal?

Gunner Gatlin, SASS 10274L

Need to p/u some boots on a budget. Are these ok. Miss my ole Red Wings, but don't have the funds to spare for them right now.

image_zpseda9b54f.jpg

Thanks for y'all's input.

GG

Thank you for the quick replies. I just picked up a pair... they feel comfortable enough and they are the basic ranch and work Justin boot... For and they were on sale at the Tractor Supply..$79

GG

Need to p/u some boots on a budget. Are these ok. Miss my ole Red Wings, but don't have the funds to spare for them right now.

image_zpseda9b54f.jpg

Thanks for y'all's input.

GG

YES...LEGAL for ALL CATEGORIES...including Classic & BW.

Is the Ariat Roper legal in Classic?

If you mean the style that is similar to a Wellington boot...then, yes...it would be...as long as it has a NON-LUG sole.

http://www.ariat.com/western-men-footwear-ropers_lacers

PWB , as I understand it the soles are legal in all categories but the boots themselves are questionable for bw, correct?

Yes...the soles are legal (NOT a "LUG" sole); but the particular model/style boot in the OP photo appears to be pretty plain...can't see anything about it that would qualify it for BW otherwise.

Love me some Justins; Gunner are those made in USA? All Justins used to be but who knows these days. That a good price

No they are not :( but they feel comfortable enough to use until I can afford my favorite boot.... Red Wing Pecos.

As far as style they do have the typical stitching of most boots but it blends in. I have no interest in B Western myself, but sure admire those that do. :)

GG

But I thought we were not allow to wear rubber sole boots either. And those are rubber not leather.

But I thought we were not allow to wear rubber sole boots either. And those are rubber not leather.

Where in the rules does it state THAT??

<_<

never mind...you'd have to actually READ the rulebooks to find the answer to that question...

wouldn't want to RUDELY suggest that anyone do THAT!

:P

:ph34r:

FWIW:

CLARIFICATION: Boot soles for CC/BW (edit language to read ―NO LUG SOLES)
The way it reads now is too restrictive & has already been ruled as non-applicable.
Boots are required and must be of traditional design with leather or smooth rubber non-grip enhancing (i.e NO “lugs”) soles). Mocassins are not allowed.
SHB (Classic Cowboy/Cowgirl) p.15/RO2 p10
Boots are required and must be of traditional design with fancy stitching or multi-color fancy design with smooth, non-grip enhancing (i.e. NO “lugs”) soles. Lace up boots and moccasins are not allowed.
SHB (“B” Western) p.16/RO2 p.11

ROC Clarifications "post Summit" 2010

Apologies (NOT!) to anyone else who might be offended by postings related to the history/background of the RULES (like WHEN/HOW certain issues were amended)...just to clarify that SOME folks are still apparently operating under OLD/OBSOLETE versions of the rulebooks...

Current versions can be found HERE.

maybe time for a refresher??

...or ask your Territorial Governor to keep your club updated on the published Summit changes/clarifications.

just think, summer tread, vs winter tread...

Apologies (NOT!) to anyone else who might be offended by postings related to the history/background of the RULES (like WHEN/HOW certain issues were amended)...just to clarify that SOME folks are still apparently operating under OLD/OBSOLETE versions of the rulebooks...

...or ask your Territorial Governor to keep your club updated on the published Summit changes/clarifications.

Thanks PWB. My question was answered :) sorry that this thread became something not intended. Hopefully though folks received some clarification and world can be a better place :D

GG

Where in the rules does it state THAT??

never mind...you'd have to actually READ the rulebooks to find the answer to that question...

wouldn't want to RUDELY suggest that anyone do THAT!

Sir, everyone here, myself included, have great respect for all you've done for the hobby and for your unsurpassed knowledge of the rules. However, I must ask if correcting someone who made an incorrect assumption without verifying it in the rule books requires such a churlish response?

Sir, everyone here, myself included, have great respect for all you've done for the hobby and for your unsurpassed knowledge of the rules. However, I must ask if correcting someone who made an incorrect assumption without verifying it in the rule books requires such a churlish response?

A more "churlish" response would have been "RTM"...which, apparently, is NOT an acceptable suggestion.

In this particular instance, I felt that restraint accompanied by explanation and more detailed options were in order.

(based on previous experience here on the Wire)

The comment regarding the background and timeline of the rule change was directed at another individual with whom I've had some PM conversations.

A more "churlish" response would have been "RTM"...which, apparently, is NOT an acceptable suggestion.

In this particular instance, I felt that restraint accompanied by explanation and more detailed options were in order.

(based on previous experience here on the Wire)

The comment regarding the background and timeline of the rule change was directed at another individual with whom I've had some PM conversations.

I know it must be tiresome to answer the same questions over and over and to repeatedly correct misconceptions, but that came across as a very public shaming. The again, maybe I've misunderstood what is meant by The Cowboy Way.

When someone posts an "opinion" based on a rule that hasn't been on the books for almost FOUR years, they've pretty much "shamed" themselves when they publicize their own ignorance.

Correcting that error and attempting to guide them to the current regulations IS "The Cowboy Way" in my book...especially for someone who purports to have READ the rules (but apparently either has NOT, or they are referring to a out-of-date version of same).

I know it must be tiresome to answer the same questions over and over and to repeatedly correct misconceptions, but that came across as a very public shaming. The again, maybe I've misunderstood what is meant by The Cowboy Way.

:blink::wacko:

When someone posts an "opinion" based on a rule that hasn't been on the books for almost FOUR years, they've pretty much "shamed" themselves when they publicize their own ignorance.

Correcting that error and attempting to guide them to the current regulations IS "The Cowboy Way" in my book...especially for someone who purports to have READ the rules (but apparently either has NOT, or they are referring to a out-of-date version of same).

+1 :);)

Archived