SASS Wire Forum

Stupid...

Don't care if you like or hate the Confederate flag - it's part of our national history...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/08/27/california-looks-to-ban-confederate-flag/?intcmp=latestnews

GG ~ :FlagAm:

If you point out to the idjits that not one slave ship sailed under the Confederate flag all you get is blank stares.

But, if they ban the Southern Cross battle flag, there are the 3 National Flags, along with dozens of other battle flags. My favorite is the Sterling Price flag:

ATT000312.jpg

Right off the bat I'm confused. The article says they are banning the Confederate flag, which to most people is the battle flag, but they also reference the stars and bars, which is a different flag altogether. So are they banning one, the other, or both? And of course alot of people think "stars and bars" IS the battle flag.

Right off the bat I'm confused. The article says they are banning the Confederate flag, which to most people is the battle flag, but they also reference the stars and bars, which is a different flag altogether. So are they banning one, the other, or both? And of course alot of people think "stars and bars" IS the battle flag.

It's simple: these people have no idea what they are talking about.

Blatantly Unconstitutional!!!

Seamus

Maybe so, but according to moonbeam and the head hypocrite from Mexico, California is no longer part of the United States. One says we're the "other Mexico" and the other has said that US Federal Laws do not apply here.

Always enjoyed visiting other countries, just never thought I'd be able to do it without leaving the house! :ph34r:

To ban the state from selling it is one thing. To ban it from being sold in the state is quite different and would easily be an infringement on a number of rights. The article only states that he wants to ban the state from selling such things. TO me that sounds like it's within the rights of the state govt to decide.

Typical Liberals, if they like something but the others don't, it should be embraced with open arms,

if others like something but they Liberals don't, they want it made illegal.

There is a cure for ignorance but there is NO CURE FOR STUPID, AND THATS JUST PLAIN STUPID! Maybe not plain stupid, but exceptionally stupid!

Is there no relief from the morons ?

There is a cure for stupidity.... fortunately or unfortunately depending on how you look at it; the cure is almost always fatal.

For my part I wish the cure was administered more often.

For those of us who slept through history class, can you describe the different flags? I didn't know there was more than one.

For those of us who slept through history class, can you describe the different flags? I didn't know there was more than one.

For a "quick and dirty," start with this... Joe can add MUCH more:

stcona_-00_front_assorted-confederate-fl

For a "quick and dirty," start with this... Joe can add MUCH more:

Thanks! I'd heard the term "stars and bars" but didn't know it meant something other than the battle flag.

Well... I reckon re-runs of "The Dukes of Hazard" won't be shown in California again.... :mellow:

Well... I reckon re-runs of "The Dukes of Hazard" won't be shown in California again.... :mellow:

Or new ones filmed. (Although it might be fun to see a bunch of CHP cruisers chasing the Hazzard County cruisers who are chasing the General Lee.)

There is the battle flag, which is the one everybody recognizes, that you see at all the klan rallies and on pickup bumpers. It is a square, red flag with a blue X and white stars. There is also a very similar naval jack, except it is rectangular and has a lighter shade of blue. Then there are the first, second and third national flags. The first one, known as the stars and bars, had three horizontal stripes- red, white and red- with a blue canton and... thirteen? maybe eleven stars in a circle. This flag was to easily confused with the US flag at a distance or when partially obscured, so they came up with a white flag with the battle flag as the canton. This looked too much like a flag of truce or surrender, so a vertical red bar was added to the fly edge. These two became known as the bloodless and blodstained banners, respectively.

There are others, including a variety of other battle flags, militia flags and so on, but these arguably are the most widely-used flags.

Back in the nineties there was a big push in Georgia to change the state flag which prominently featured the battle flag as part of its design. The new design is very similar to the stars and bars, lol.

EDIT Well, damn, looks like I type awfully slow!

Or new ones filmed. (Although it might be fun to see a bunch of CHP cruisers chasing the Hazzard County cruisers who are chasing the General Lee.)

Maybe they can replace the Battle Flag with a computer-generated "Hello Kitty..." :rolleyes:

What about the southern folks who had family die in the civil war? For that reason alone I stand by the right of southerners or anyone to display the Confederate flag!

Rye

Maybe because when it comes right down to it they are just a bunch of fascists.

Your probably closer to the truth than you think.

California legislature logic:

1. California has lots of NAZI party members, and they're probably voting democrat.

2. Anybody who would be offended by banning the Confederate flag would probably not be voting democrat

Therefore...

3. Ban the confederate flag, and keep those swastikas waving high!

It's ironic that they allow the swastika but move to ban the confederate flag. Go figure.

Although I absoultely detest anything to do with Nazi's, banning their logo or flag is the same thing. I used to live next to an Asian fellow who one day put a small Japanese Rising Sun flag in front of his house one day. We weren't friends by any means but were friendly with each other. He was out in his yard that same day and I asked him why he was displaying that flag. He told me that "This is the day my grandfather died on Saipan". I really didn't know what to say.......so I said "I'm sorry for your loss".

Heritage means everything............just not the same thing to everyone.

Although I absoultely detest anything to do with Nazi's, banning their logo or flag is the same thing. I used to live next to an Asian fellow who one day put a small Japanese Rising Sun flag in front of his house one day. We weren't friends by any means but were friendly with each other. He was out in his yard that same day and I asked him why he was displaying that flag. He told me that "This is the day my grandfather died on Saipan". I really didn't know what to say.......so I said "I'm sorry for your loss".

Heritage means everything............just not the same thing to everyone.

My point was they are just playing politics. If they really wanted to ban offensive flags, they could start with the NAZI flag, but they won't touch it. They picked the confederate flag in a hopes to get traction against republicans.

This whole piece of legislation is a stunt anyhow. They know they can't sign this into law - it would mean hollywood could no longer fly the period correct flags in a movie shoot.

It's a political stunt.

Your probably closer to the truth than you think.

California legislature logic:

1. California has lots of NAZI party members, and they're probably voting democrat.

2. Anybody who would be offended by banning the Confederate flag would probably not be voting democrat

Therefore...

3. Ban the confederate flag, and keep those swastikas waving high!

That logic is oddly flawed. During the time of the Civil war the slave states were predominately Democrat not Republican.

That logic is oddly flawed. During the time of the Civil war the slave states were predominately Democrat not Republican.

And it was the Republican party that finally ended slavery, and was instrumental in getting the Civil and Voting Rights Acts passed, and a host of other things, but why let a bit of revisionism get in the way?

Archived