SASS Wire Forum

Need some schooling on SxS?

Deacon Stone Sass#58681

I was in a candy shop today and he has an SKB with single triger (gold) for $600. I have looked at it twice now, but this gun has a wide forearm and is heavy. So is it a good buy? It would still need to be slicked up and barrels cut. But is this the gun everybody is after?

Then today he had an Ithica 100 single trigger. Nice gun, stock. Light, really nice gun for $695. I like the gun. It has SKB inspected on the barrel. I do have pics but not sure how to post them. But really is this the gun to buy? Let me know?

Which would be the better of the two?

I have Stogers, Bakials, is this the next step or is there something even better?

Thanks for your input.

Deacon Stone

If I was in driving distance. I would buy them both at that price.

And do so in a hurry.

SKB's are pretty much that what all top sxs shooters are shooting.

For what we do. It don't get much better.

Heck if I could find one stock for $800-900 I would snap it up.

Ide buy them just to resale if not keep them for myself!

Where are you finding these guns at these prices. That is about half of what most people are asking. Buy both. The Ithaca 100 is an SKB. If this is an April fools joke it is a bit early.

If they were close I would buy them both.

Buy them both.

Pick which one you want to keep.

You can sell the other and make enough profit to pay to have the one you keep

turned into a top notch ready to rock and roll SASS shotgun.

Deacon if you shoot Parker on Sunday I will have a 200e and possibly my 100 skb. You are welcome to try them both and see if you like them.

Blu

I just spent $1250 for a SKB single trigger with the large fore end and screwing chokes from Johnny meadows. It was ultra light to me he said 6 1/2 pounds. I thought the SKBs were light not heavy guns.

I notice you haven't told us where they are. I guess you are afraid somebody (me?) will beat you to them. Don't worry I am out of town right now, and won't be back until Saturday.

So, just so ever body knows. I bought the Ithica 100 for 695. But the other SKB with gold trigger is still on the self. They priced it to me for 600 plus tax. I promise you this you will never walk into a store anywhere right now and find a store with more SxS for sale. What I understand they are selling somebodies collection. They even have the most beautiful 97 Black Diamond and case you will ever see. Anyway, these guns are located in Olathe Kansas. At the Olathe gun shop.Great guys and a great shop.

If somebody is interested in the other SKB text me at 785 506 2653 and I will send the two pics I have of the gun.

Again thanks for all the help.

Deacon Stone

I bet Johnny meadows would be interested in it. Contact him and maybe you can send but guns to him and get an race ready one and cash back.

Archived