SASS Wire Forum

Missouri bullet company hi-tek

Tucker McNeely

Not Missouri, but I ordered a sample pack of 40 S&W from 'Black & Blue Bullets' and they worked well. B&B use the same Hi-Tek coating. They have a burnt metal smell(like when you are welding) but other than that I didn't notice anything different in my limited experience with coated bullets.

They probably work fine in a pistol but I used their 250gr .30 cal bullets loading for 300 AAC Blackout in my AR. They guaranteed that the coating wouldn't be an issue with peeling, melting, ect. I loaded 100 rds. I shot 42 (3-5 rounds at a time to chrono and DB test) and in that few rounds the coating gummed up the action so bad we had to use a mallet to force the bolt back. Then I had to disassemble the entire gun to clean the stuff out. The gas block was completely clogged and the tube was so bad I threw it away and installed a new one. Even the suppressor had some build up on the baffles. Definitely not as "tough" as they claim it to be. It stinks to because I was getting good accuracy and 121db average with that heavy bullet.

I wouldn't trust it to even use them in my 73.

JEL

Archived