SASS Wire Forum

Four lbs bottle of clays for sale new florida ftf sold

dannyd

Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, August 25, 2014 - Insult
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, August 25, 2014 - Insult

Clays hasn't been available for awhile. Guess it's worth whatever a scalper and willing buyer say it's worth.

Stone

Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, August 25, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, August 25, 2014 - No reason given

I hate to see people taking advantage of the shortages, especially on a site like this that is supposed to be helping each other out. Hey, you're a Marshal. Why don't you put a stop to this kind of bologna?

I don't know the seller but if one subtracts the $25 hazmat fee you'd have to pay to have it shipped the price comes out at $26.25 per pound. May be a little higher but not out of the question.

Don't have a dog in the hunt but wanted to do a little math and see what it did add up to.

I would gladly pay $125 for what is offered. If you wouldn't, keep it to yourself. I don't think it's very Cowboy to criticize someone offering something for sale here. No one is making you buy it and I'll bet it sells.

Fillmore

I'm thinking you won't find it for less than that so that's a pretty good price. Clays hasn't been on any shelves around here for a couple of years or longer. Somebody will buy it.

And, if it is in fact a four pound jug that lowers the price per bottle a bit. Remember the small containers of Clays is in a one pound bottle but only weights 14 ounces because it is so fluffy. A lot of people would gladly pay that price.

How bout if you folks who are carping that this price is so outrageous find some and sell it to me real cheap, Then we would both feel better.

Thus ends the rant, I feel better now.

Thank you

Jackpine

Jackpine.

Well said. I found a bottle of Trail Boss and paid 33.00 for it. I was glad to get it. Let me know if anyone comes through with the cheap powder, I want some. Have a great day.

Buffalo Bill

The man has a hard to find powder. I find it RUDE and out of line to cast dispersions on him.

1. How do you know what HE paid for it???

2. It will either sell or it will not.

We live in a free market society. An item is worth what the market will bare. You can't change that unless your calling for price controls, like that idea has ever worked, Ha!

I think a few of you owe him an apology. You don't like a pards price don't buy it, but don't make snide comments either.

Danny,

Thanks for offering this hard to find powder.

JB

It's not a free market society, but that's a whole other discussion. It is his right to sell his powder for whatever he wants to sell it for. It is also my right to exercise the first amendment and complain about price gouging when I see it.

Reminds me of an old story about buying cigars:

Guy goes into a store and asks for a box of 50 El Producto Queens.

Shopkeeper: OK - That will be $40.

Guy: Store down the street sells them for $37.

Shopkeeper: Why don't you buy them there?

Guy: They are out of them.

Shopkeeper: When I am out, they are only $35.

Buffalo Bill,

I will let you have at least half. I am sure I will get so many offers, I will not be able to use it all myself. The only thing I haven't figured out, is how much commission I should charge you!!!!!!

Jackpine

The first amendment deals with the US government and their limiting of free speech, it has nothing to do with private forums owned by private companies. Your way off base there.

You also don't know what he paid for the item so to continue down the "I have a right to complain about price gouging" road is ridicules. When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging. You owe Danny an apology.

Church Key, I am afraid that there are some folks that won't quite get your story, but I thought it was great. Kind of sums things up quite nicely. Thanks for sharing.

Fillmore, It did not take long for you to be proven correct.

Jackpine

The first amendment deals with the US government and their limiting of free speech, it has nothing to do with private forums owned by private companies. Your way off base there.

You also don't know what he paid for the item so to continue down the "I have a right to complain about price gouging" is ridicules. When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging. You owe Danny an apology.

+1

Archived