SASS Wire Forum

Well, I'm ready for football season

I got me a new Slippery Rock cap!

DSC03130_zpsab068a27.jpg

The Game- the folks that make all the collegiate hats- has their outlet over across the river and I ended up on that end of town today. They sell their overstock and discontinued stuff there and there's literally no telling what college's stuff will be on sale. I had a little time to kill, so I wandered in, and low and behold, there sat a Slippery Rock cap right between the red Harvard Alumni cap and a white John Hopskins cap. It was $5, so it ain't like I threw a lot of money away.

My grand daughter is a student at the "Rock".

It has been truly said that there are only three things in life that matter. God, Family, and the Green Bay Packers, not necessarily in that order. In my case as far as football is concerned truer words were never spoken. Can't stand that semi pro ball you guys are talking about. The good ones will be playing in the NFL soon enough. And, by the way, that includes the Mizzou Tigers that play within ten miles of my house. Had tickets to see them once. Gave them away.

Frankly, my dear,.....but y'all enjoy your football anyway. The best thing about Superbowl Sunday is that i can go quail hunting and never see another soul. In this day and age, I'm lucky to see quail. --

+ 1 on That!

Only I have the shooting range all to myself that weekend, if it's not too cold.

Archived