SASS Wire Forum

"...a woman is only a woman, but a good cigar is a Smoke."

Before I get flamed by the ladies here (pun semi-unintentional), the title is from Kipling's "The Betrothed," 1886.

That quote popped into my mind when I saw this morning's story 'bout Bubba's tastes in cee-gars. :rolleyes:

Maker of World's Most Expensive Cigars Says Bill Clinton a Client

Not a big Bubba fan, but hey... "Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!" :lol:

And for fun:

The Betrothed

"For Maggie has written a letter to give me my choice between

"The wee little whimpering Love and the great god Nick O' Teen."

[He weighs up Maggie's looks, and what she will be at fifty; the limitations of monogamy against "a harem of dusky beauties"; and the relatively unknown woman against the tried and tested "Counsellors" and "comforters". His conclusion is:]

"And a woman is only a woman, but a good cigar is a Smoke.

"Light me another Cuba - I'll hold to my first-sworn vows,

"If Maggie will have no rival, I'll have no Maggie for a spouse!"

^_^

You are a very brave man. Anything special you want on your tombstone? I think I will get in the bunker until the fireworks are over :)

Har!

Read the article, Dusty... these ain't Roi-Tans~! ^_^

But I wonder how Hillary feels about 'em... :rolleyes:

Might be why they have separate beds rooms cities states... B)

I'm still hung up over the proposition that Hillary counts as a woman... not that I doubt Bubba would rather smoke a good cigar than be with her.

About the time my very best friend and I got old enough to start getting interested in girls his father said that to us many times. I never knew where it came from until now. I always thought his dad made it up.

Ben :)

Be careful, Slick Willy, cigars, and women are ingredients for jokes that can get you warning points.

If Bubba offers you a smoke, say no thanks. I have been told you never know where it's been.

Shawnee

Not necessarily (or at all) a Bubba fan... but a good cigar is sooooo enjoyable... :blush:

Unfortunately, asthma and a history of bronchitis make that a rare treat for me. :(

But on a special occasion... it'll happen. My humidor is handy. Nothing like HE smokes, but hey... good enough for my taste. ;)

Archived