SASS Wire Forum

Midwest Classic Sparta Posse list Added

Mose Spencer, SASS #63490

Hey hey it's that time again folks.
The Midwest Classic it right around the corner . September 12-14
This year we are the second leg of the Triple Crown Sponsored by Ruger .
We have a full schedule with the State Black Powder Championship / smokless warmup match starting on Friday morning with side matches and Wild Bunch match also on Friday. Friday night will host the world famous Copperhead Creek Catfish Cookoff where we will all decide whether Copperhead Joe or Whiskey Creek Johnson will be crowned the Chief Aquatic Culinary Master Chef.
Saturday morning starts the first 5 Stages of the Main Match with team matches and games that afternoon.
Saturday night we will have the Streets of Laredo night . I have a steer being corn fed as we speak he will be the guest of honor ,prepared in the special old west style by The Butchers Block of Sparta. Following the steer roast we will have special entertainment on the the new stage at the range.
Sunday will be the final 5 stages and directly following will be the match awards on the range .
We do have the big barn reserved for Inclement weather but we will not need it I am sure.
We have several great prizes and lots of goodies to be given away as well as the special early entry RUGER drawing.
We have another special treat in the fact that Stephen Bleigh (Cleve) has agreed to host host another emergency first aid and range trauma class at a special rate for participating shooters.
This class gives a vast amount of insight on how to help with emergency accidents such as gun shots and a whole gambit of situations that you could experience. Steve was / is a special forces combat medic with multiple real world experiences to draw from along with the best training uncle sam could give.Whether on the competition range or just hunting and plinking you never know what you might incur.
All events will be on the range we have a few vendor spots left with electrical camping hook ups on the range so if you are headed to the regional at Gunsmoke in MN. Stop by for a break and meal all vendors are invited to attend the Saturday night festivities as our guest .

More info available at www.mosenbella.com

More information available at www.mosenbella.com

I'll be seein' ya in Sparta!!

I am sure Lady T and I will be there, since it looks like the days shifted a little, we should get there Thursday early afternoon and plan to stay Sunday night after the awards and leave on Monday. Should be another large time in Sparta.

Sure gonna miss ya'll! Same weekend as the Indiana State Match. That is one I don't miss! Hope ya guys have a good one down there, I know ya will. Mose and Bella put on a big time, every time. If ya don't have plans for a shoot, check this one out folks, you won't be sorry!

It's lookin like there might be a small break in the action at the old chemical plant around Sept. 12-14. (Don't tell my manager) Me'n'Fannie just might be able to slip over there for the festivities! Keepin my fingers crossed. Always a good time to be had when Mose'n'Bella are puttin on the show. And it sounds like a couple of the best fish friers I've ever met are gonna be there as well! Why, I might even shoot this'n Outlaw style! Hope to see y'all there. :)

It's lookin like there might be a small break in the action at the old chemical plant around Sept. 12-14. (Don't tell my manager) Me'n'Fannie just might be able to slip over there for the festivities! Keepin my fingers crossed. Always a good time to be had when Mose'n'Bella are puttin on the show. And it sounds like a couple of the best fish friers I've ever met are gonna be there as well! Why, I might even shoot this'n Outlaw style! Hope to see y'all there. :)

Titus!! You 'n' Miss Fannie make it and I'll hand her that brownie recipe, personally!!

Looking forward to the event. I've never been to a steer roast:)

See ya all soon!

Regards,

Ringer

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy! Miss Ali can't make it but looking forward to it !!! No stranger to Sparta - but 1st MW Classic.

Hey, anyone know the number of stages for the: Black Powder Match ? and WB match ? (looking for a hint on ammo needs)

Archived