SASS Wire Forum

You may remember Gonzalez Gonzales from John Wayne movies.

Dorado

I’ll bet you missed this tv show!!!

He provided comedy in Rio Bravo, Hell fighters, and another Wayne movie.

Here is where he got his start as an actor when he appeared as a contestant on 'You Bet Your Life'.

This is truly funny. Groucho takes advantage of the situation based upon the audience laughter.

John Wayne saw the event and put him in his movies.

This interview will bring a smile to your face.

http://www.chonday.com/Videos/funny-mexican-guy-with-groucho-marx#.UfVbmBN44QQ.email

I could not quite understand that. He worked at some radio station (sounded like he gave the call sign, but maybe not), driving the station wagon and something?

Sam! I saw it as a kid in re-runs! ;) There are some people who are just naturally hilarious!! He is one of those people!!!

And he wasn't joking about being able to dance!!! :o:lol::lol::lol:

I’ll bet you missed this tv show!!!

He provided comedy in Rio Bravo, Hell fighters, and another Wayne movie.

The High and the Mighty

Gonzales Gonzales was the ship-board radio operator (adding a humorous touch) in the Pacific who acted as an intermediary communications link between San Francisco and John Wayne's troubled aircraft.

By the way, The High and the Mighty is the film that the later, hilarious comedy film, Airplane was based on.

By the way, The High and the Mighty is the film that the later, hilarious comedy film, Airplane was based on.

Actually it was a scene-for-scene remake of a 1957 movie called "Zero Hour!" using alot of the same dialogue and even the character names.

Gonzales Gonzales also appeared briefly in "Chisum", just being slapped around by a bounty hunter looking for information.

I remember it as a kid, never made the connection till now. He was a natural comedic timing talent ( although I suspect the writers gave him a few of those lines.....), and Duke saw it!

I didn't know that. It sure is close enough for me, anyway. I never saw Zero Hour. I don't remember GG in Chisum, He was a good character, anyway and was probably in other films we know, but forgot his contribution to.

Kind of like Hank Warden in True Grit.

His appearance in Chisum was very brief and only one scene, not comedic either. The guy who played Nels McCloud was a bounty hunter looking for Billy and was slapping GG around to get information.

I know Hank Worden poppped up in just about every John Wayne movie, where was he in True Grit?

imdb.com lists him as the undertaker. I don't remember an undertaker... ?

Oh wait, now I remember, when Mattie went to see her father. He seemed just a tad on the creepy side to me, but then he almost always played "odd" characters.

Archived