SASS Wire Forum

Frederick Jackson Turner

I do not want to hijack anyone else's thread!

What a terrific match!

Club honcho Deadwood Stan doesn't view this as a money-maker. What they bring in, they spend on the entrants. Trophies are first-rate. Every time you turn around, they're feeding you, good chow, and as much as you can eat. From the moment that you step up to the registration table, and they hand you a custom make, high quality brass bag, containing all the paper and scorecards that you'll need for the match - and offer you a quality, MTM bullet box, in your choice of calibers; you know that the Big Irons Rangers care about their competitors.

The people in the area are so friendly, helpful, and welcoming, it's like being at a local match.

Range Officer, Hall of Fame member, and multiple world champion Lassiter has a useful theory on match target placement. The equation is simple; pistol barrels are approximately 1/4 the length of rifle barrels; and he sets most of the targets to that equation. You can run your guns at this match, folks.

The bunch of rowdies that put on the free barbecue on Friday night have taken to creating a theme for the event. This year, they were groovy '60s hippies, with tie-died T-shirts, air guitars, and music to match.

The Saturday night awards are handed out after Big Irons has stuffed you full of BBQ chicken, and ribs that were so good that I saved some for dessert, after I ate my cherry and apple cobbler. And the caterers forced more on me, when I took my plate up to them. The awards were quality, and the ceremony blessedly, was brief, respectful, and ON TIME.

The fact that they provide entertainment for those who want to stay and party, is nothing but a plus. And the number of shooters, lingering in the hall, just hanging out, talking and laughing, after the event, is a tribute to a job done well.

So many people work to make an event like this take place, so let me offer a tip of the hat, and great respect, to the work of so many willing hands.

Cheers,

FJT

Mr. Turner, -- +1

It was a pleasure shooting with you! Your talents are multiple. Not only do you run a fun and efficient posse!, you play mean guitar, and sing up a storm. I imagine keeping Lassister in Line was a real chore. :P I hope to shoot with you again sometime soon. Your real shooting talent showed up our last stage. I know when you are more settled you would shoot the other 11 just like it. Anytime, you want to drop down into 49er, go right ahead, I won't stop you. :D

Thanks for all your hard work, musician ship, and I agree with you Guns of August 2014 was one of the Best Shoots Ever!!!

Ditto to what FJT stated.

AND, I might add that Posse 3 had a spectacular Posse Leader of which made the match even more enjoyable.

Even before we got there, my traveling Pard, Slater, told me that he sure hopes FJT is on the Posse again.

We sure did have a great Posse.

AND...we had Misty and Amber on the Posse also. I think they liked me the best..... ;)

..........Widder

Archived