SASS Wire Forum

Regardless Of Where You Stand........

Calamity Kris

The first link is an article stating the KKK is planning a gathering in Sullivan, Mo. in the near future. The second link was the Bing map showing the distance from Sullivan to St Louis.

Our local Fox affiliate is the best source, under the circumstances, I've found for the news.

Got it eventually. My tablet was having some issues.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Busines owners are criticizing LE for not responding with enough force to protect them from the looters. Community activists are criticizing them for showing too much force. Can't win.

Boy am I glad I'm retired.

+1

Fear not! Holder is on the way.

(Insert Mighty Mouse music and your own lyrics here)

Fear not! Holder is on the way.

(Insert Mighty Mouse music and your own lyrics here)

Just when you thought it couldn't get worse!! <_<:rolleyes:

The first link is an article stating the KKK is planning a gathering in Sullivan, Mo. in the near future. The second link was the Bing map showing the distance from Sullivan to St Louis.

Our local Fox affiliate is the best source, under the circumstances, I've found for the news.

I knew it. I just knew it.

It was too much for them to resist.

If true, this is information they should have released immediately.

In my opinion the Ferguson police chief has mis handled this from the outset and should be fired.w

If true, this is information they should have released immediately.

In my opinion the Ferguson police chief has mis handled this from the outset and should be fired.w

Bob, I read or heard - don't recall which - a less detailed version of this in one of the very early reports.

It wasn't withheld... but it didn't seem to suit the media to continue reporting it; I've had multiple conversations with people over the last week or so about this. Everyone I spoke with about it had not heard it and expressed skepticism.

And now I'm seeing a few reports where they've dropped the "unarmed teenager" tag.

Go figger. <_<

Bob, I read or heard - don't recall which - a less detailed version of this in one of the very early reports.

It wasn't withheld... but it didn't seem to suit the media to continue reporting it; I've had multiple conversations with people over the last week or so about this. Everyone I spoke with about it had not heard it and expressed skepticism.

And now I'm seeing a few reports where they've dropped the "unarmed teenager" tag.

Go figger. <_<

The media can't do anything if the chief holds a press conference and details the officer's injuries. I believe this guy has very little experience in handling critical cases like this and apparently has a staff that isn't very good at it either. This is turningnout to be a textbook case in how to screw a situation up. It will probably be taught as a bad ecample in crisis incident management classes of the future.

The media can't do anything if the chief holds a press conference and details the officer's injuries. I believe this guy has very little experience in handling critical cases like this and apparently has a staff that isn't very good at it either. This is turningnout to be a textbook case in how to screw a situation up. It will probably be taught as a bad ecample in crisis incident management classes of the future.

Yep. Then you have the chief of St Louis metro almost immediately releasing info relating to the Officer Involved Shooting to keep the same thing from happening in his city. It worked.

I hope I'm not speaking too soon. Last night was our first relatively peaceful night in over a week. I hope things are finally calming down for a while.

The only thing that will settle things down, is that they crucify that police officer, guilty or not.

Otherwise Ferguson will end up a cinder.

People like that think we should respect them? "We mad,we bad, we burn our own town down!"

One has to wonder................

Calamity Kris....I'm praying for you guys.

And I'm praying for the officer who did the right thing in this case, that he be found not guilty.

But most of all, I'm praying that those bastards from other states that are causing all this hell are caught, tried and sent to jail.

Calamity Kris....I'm praying for you guys.

And I'm praying for the officer who did the right thing in this case, that he be found not guilty.

But most of all, I'm praying that those bastards from other states that are causing all this hell are caught, tried and sent to jail.

+1 what he says!

GG ~ :FlagAm:

The State Trooper Captain, in making his appearance at the church and giving an impassioned speech, did all he could to calm things.

The only problem was that most probably, none of the night's rioters were in the church listening to him. They were still in bed after a night of throwing Molotove cocktails and rocks, shooting at the cops and looting stores.

Utah Bob I was struck by just how WRONG your post is!

There's no "e" at the end of Molotov

Good to see Officer Wilson getting more funding than the perp.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/michael-brown-shooting/225-000-crowdfunding-raised-support-darren-wilson-n186616

Good to see Officer Wilson getting more funding than the perp.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/michael-brown-shooting/225-000-crowdfunding-raised-support-darren-wilson-n186616

Well, the perp don't need it and can't spend it..

Thanks for all the support. We really appreciate it. It's nice to have calm replace the stress and tension around here. Now it's time to rebuild and move on.

Unfortunately, I think this is the mindset we're dealing with. http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/08/22/missouri-dem-predicts-new-wave-ferguson-unrest-if-no-conviction-in-officers/?intcmp=latestnews We'll see what the coming weeks and months bring.

So if the mob does not like the facts in the fact finding mission, they will just ignore them & riot?

That makes the same sense as them rioting after it first happened, rather than wait & see what the facts were.

It also uses the logic of "problem with the police = go steal stuff" & "bring positive attention by looting".

This is sad on lots of levels.

Best of luck on a bad situation.

So if the mob does not like the facts in the fact finding mission, they will just ignore them & riot?

That makes the same sense as them rioting after it first happened, rather than wait & see what the facts were.

It also uses the logic of "problem with the police = go steal stuff" & "bring positive attention by looting".

Who said that anything in this situation had to make sense?? The culprits who incited and instigated the riots, looting, and arson, as well as the assaults on police officers and citizens, don't want any of this to make sense. The longer the idiocy goes on, the more money and attention they can get for themselves!!!

City, State, Federal, Insurance, costs totals are going to be staggering, not counting all the out-of-pocket from citizens & business owners.

Not exactly covered by people saying "oops, my bad".

Once again, the working taxpayer pays & pays,

Bingo!!!

Who said that anything in this situation had to make sense?? The culprits who incited and instigated the riots, looting, and arson, as well as the assaults on police officers and citizens, don't want any of this to make sense. The longer the idiocy goes on, the more money and attention they can get for themselves!!!

When you have elected officials as some of the instigators, it turns into an ugly publicity campaign.

The populace seems to be very divided. It's either "support Michael Brown and the officer is guilty of murder" or "the officer was doing his duty". Very few support the premise of "letting the judicial system run it's course and we'll take the outcome from there". Unfortunately, this situation is far from over. We'll have to see what the next weeks and months bring.

City, State, Federal, Insurance, costs totals are going to be staggering, not counting all the out-of-pocket from citizens & business owners.

Not exactly covered by people saying "oops, my bad".

Once again, the working taxpayer pays & pays,

Unfortunately, very true. It was reported that several of the damaged businesses, like the Quick Trip won't rebuild. They either can't afford it or don't want the risk.

The local Fox affiliate has started a "My Ferguson" campaign. It showcases businesses, especially small family owned ones, that represent the true meaning of what Ferguson is as a city. As soon as things quiet down, I would seriously consider getting together a group and patronizing some of them. I'm all for supporting the small local businesses.

According to a report on Top Right News there are some hooligans in Ferguson claiming that "they" had better rebuild the stores that were looted and burned or "there will be hell to pay!"

Best keep your head down a while longer Calamity, sounds like the inmates are still in full control of the asylum.

According to a report on Top Right News there are some hooligans in Ferguson claiming that "they" had better rebuild the stores that were looted and burned or "there will be hell to pay!"

Best keep your down a while longer Calamity, sounds like the inmates are still in full control of the asylum.

Will do, Clay. Thanks.

Archived