SASS Wire Forum

Regardless Of Where You Stand........

Calamity Kris

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been reading about it online. Only today did I see an American TV report. CNN seems to be split between reports about Missouri and the war 200 km away from here. I finally switched to a channel I could not understand. :-)

No. I saw a report on the airstrikes going on IN SUPPORT OF KURDISH TROOPS!

Now I recall distinctly that they said the airstrikes would only be to protect the US Mission and advisors in the town of Irbil.

When asked by a reporter if this Kurd ground troop support was a change, a spokesliar said absolutely not. Amazing.

Yup. Local police to state highway patrol to now the national guard. Not good.

What really is sad is that I know the media is covering only a small part of the most radical elements. In 2001 Cincinnati had a similar situation where an unarmed black teen was killed by an officer and rioting ensued. The church I was part of at the time had a standing presence and relationships within the urban neighborhoods, so we straight into it to see what we could do to serve and assist.

The genuine love and respect shown across all boundaries was truly inspiring, but when I got back to the house and watched it on TV, none of that was shown. The "Nation of Islam", the "New Black Panthers", and others of their ilk were all over the newspaper and airwaves. Nothing that might show the redemptive side of the situation.

I don't know the details of Ferguson, and am sure there are two sides to the story. I just keep praying that calmer heads will prevail and lead the community out of this situation.

Has the words Rioters, Hoodlums, been taken out of the American Dictionary? Prayers covering the very good folks in Ferguson and there are many.

A friend in St. Louis tells me the media is showing but only a blip of the real violence and pillage....its really, really bad!

Yes it is. It also extends well past Ferguson. I believe only the tip of the iceberg is being shown so as to not glorify the actions of the criminals. They have actually arrested people from out of state who have come here to join the activities. I know there are a lot of good people in Ferguson. Unfortunately the bad who are coming into that town with ill intent are making a bad name for all. I pray the situation is resolved soon. There are a lot of nerves frayed to the max right now.

Yes I'm well aware there is more going on in the news than this. Unfortunately, this is way too close to home for a lot of folks like myself right now.

Kris!! You take care of yourself!!

The entire cast of Racial Carpetbaggers has apparently arrived in Ferguson and the surrounding area to opportunistically promote and to participate in the unwanted and grossly illegal violence.

Making the WORST of a bad situation is their goal in life and the local people suffer in the long run, while these instigating outsiders go home after turning a profit!!

Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, August 19, 2014 - Taking things too far!
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, August 19, 2014 - Taking things too far!

Where's the Klan? I can't believe that bunch of idiots is missing out on this opportunity to really rile things up.

Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, August 19, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, August 19, 2014 - No reason given

Where's the Klan? I can't believe that bunch of idiots is missing out on this opportunity to really rile things up.

Please, please!!! We have enough problems. Let's not invite any more!!!

Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, August 19, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, August 19, 2014 - No reason given

They are always quiet in these cases. What they do is hope for more rioting and play on the fears of whites around the country, attempting to recruit more members.

With the state trooper commander marching with the protesters and apologizing to the black community for the police actions, with holder and his majesty spouting off and micromanaging, along with the usual rhetoric from sharpton and jackson, one message seems to be coming across very clear: no matter what they are doing, where they are doing it, or who they're doing it to, if you're white and especially if you're in law enforcement, it's Hands Off the Black people. This was pointed out by a Black friend of mine, who is totally outraged at what the Blacks in Ferguson are doing to the community and each other, and has nothing at all nice to say about sharpton et al.

The State Trooper Captain, in making his appearance at the church and giving an impassioned speech, did all he could to calm things.

The only problem was that most probably, none of the night's rioters were in the church listening to him. They were still in bed after a night of throwing Molotove cocktails and rocks, shooting at the cops and looting stores.

The State Trooper Captain, in making his appearance at the church and giving an impassioned speech, did all he could to calm things.

The only problem was that most probably, none of the night's rioters were in the church listening to him. They were still in bed after a night of throwing Molotove cocktails and rocks, shooting at the cops and looting stores.

I can understand his need to try and 'relate' to the community, but at this point 'thanking Michael' - not so sure (so far it seems Michael was a thug and the one who instigated the situation that lead to his death)...and when he said ' My black son. Who wears his pants saggy, his hat cocked to the side, got tattoos....' - that kinda insinuates that Michael was targeted because of those things....just seems to the fire of racist rhetoric. Of course I could be wrong, but that's how I kinda saw it.

"”When this is over I’m going to go into my son’s room. My black son. Who wears his pants saggy, his hat cocked to the side, got tattoos on his arms. But, that is my baby....and we all ought to be thanking the Brown’s for Michael. Because Michael is going to make it better for our sons to be better black men. Better for our daughters to be better black women. Better for me so I can be a better black father. And, our mothers, so they can be even better than they are today. Lets continue to show the nation who we are. But, when these days are over and Michael’s family is still weeping, still on their knees praying. No matter what positive comes out, we still need to get on our knees and pray. We need to thank Mike for his life. We need to thank him for the change that he is going to make in America. I love you, I stand tall with you and I’ll see you out there.”

Anyway - I hope I am wrong in my initial thoughts - hoping they get this contained soon.....

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Well, things are sure to get better now: :blink:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/08/19/holder-takes-on-ferguson-ag-flooding-zone-with-investigators-heads-to-missouri/

I was trying to keep from getting political but the last thing we need here is another mouthpiece getting their 15 seconds of fame. :angry:

From the White House, Obama is keeping a reserved tone by calling for calm on both sides, urging protesters to stay peaceful and police to show restraint. But at the Justice Department, Holder is committing what is being described as an “extraordinary” effort to investigate the local case.

“They’re basically flooding the zone [with investigators],” Thomas Dupree, former deputy assistant attorney general under the George W. Bush administration, told Fox News. “It’s an extraordinary level of commitment for an incident of this nature.”

Dupree said the response shows this case is something Holder “is personally invested in.”

More food for thought. I don't understand why it's taking so long to get things under control here. The Rodney King riots were much larger and wider spread, yet they didn't go on nearly as long.........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992_Los_Angeles_riots

I was front and center during the Cincinnati riots of 2001, which were sparked under identical circumstances. At times I felt like the only white male in the city who understood both sides of the story and could empathize with both Officer Roach and Timothy Thomas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001_Cincinnati_riots

The Cincinnati riots lasted four days. The big differences that I've seen so far between Cincinnati and Ferguson...

1. The city acted decisively to allow civil protests but to establish and enforce a curfew.

2. Over 1000 arrests in 4 days. Compare that to the pittance of arrests last night that law enforcement seems to be bragging about.

3. Street police worked in concert with community leaders; black, white, faith-based, and non-profit; to identify troublemakers and get them off the streets.

4. The community leaders worked together to model and sow love and respect that filtered down into the vast majority of people in that part of the city.

5. There was no militarized police response. These were beat cops, some with plastic riot shields. Not the MRAP-driving, MOLLE-wearing, K-pot shrouded pseudo-soldiers of today's news.

Just my view from the front row.

I see some from the left are letting no crisis go to waste. Just saw a picture of a Democratic Voter Registration table set up next to where Brown was shot. I stopped watching the evening news because

a) if it doesn't fit the agenda it doesn't get reported

c) if it's anti-police, it gets double coverage

d) it corroborates the police it is immediately denounced as lies

I see two messages aggressively being pushed by the adminstration coming out of this mess:

1) white policemen are racist, white policemen are conservatives, therefore conservatives are racist

2) all Blacks are victims, regardless of what they are doing. Any Black confronted by police for any reason at all, is a victim of conservative racism.

I see some from the left are letting no crisis go to waste. Just saw a picture of a Democratic Voter Registration table set up next to where Brown was shot. I stopped watching the evening news because

a) if it doesn't fit the agenda it doesn't get reported

c) if it's anti-police, it gets double coverage

d) it corroborates the police it is immediately denounced as lies

I see two messages aggressively being pushed by the adminstration coming out of this mess:

1) white policemen are racist, white policemen are conservatives, therefore conservatives are racist

2) all Blacks are victims, regardless of what they are doing. Any Black confronted by police for any reason at all, is a victim of conservative racism.

If Obama had a son he'd look....oh yeah.... That one's already been said....

And now from a person who couldn't accept that her son was a thug who paid the price for his lifestyle

http://time.com/3136685/travyon-sybrina-fulton-ferguson/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cresponsive-mobile%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D517269

GG

Busines owners are criticizing LE for not responding with enough force to protect them from the looters. Community activists are criticizing them for showing too much force. Can't win.

Boy am I glad I'm retired.

I thank you for your service UB. With the current anti-law enforcement atmosphere in this country, I'm amazed that anyone is willing to take on the job. I've been reading the so far rather onesided "debate" about the militarization of our police, and mostly don't have an issue with it. You're asking folks to go up against criminals with automatic weapons, and no regard for life or authority, why would you begrudge them the ability to protect themselves? Does Small Village USA, population 7000

"need" a surplus armored MRAP or Hummer? Likely not. But if they can get one, why not?

Well they just shot another good boy this will ramp things up again

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/08/19/st-louis-police-shoot-dead-a

page not found

Oppurtunists can always make a bad situation worse. Please stay safe. I have distant cousins in the area but have not heard from them yet.

Seems that there is an on the scene video recording in which background audio may support the officers version of events. http://www.ijreview.com/2014/08/168698-eyewitness-recalls-important-detail-background-video-mins-ferguson-shooting/

The third autopsy has now been completed by the Feds and the Brown will be a funeral on Monday. Looks like things will stay bad and maybe get worse on Monday night. Most of the arrests last night were not Ferguson residents. :(

Huh? All I got was a Bing map??

The first link is an article stating the KKK is planning a gathering in Sullivan, Mo. in the near future. The second link was the Bing map showing the distance from Sullivan to St Louis.

Our local Fox affiliate is the best source, under the circumstances, I've found for the news.

Archived