SASS Wire Forum

Regardless Of Where You Stand........

Calamity Kris

Regardless of where you stand on the situation in the St Louis area, please keep those of us who live here in your prayers and meditations. It's not over yet.

Thanks,

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been saddened by the events in your area, Kris. I hope level heads will prevail, but yet I worry. You will be in my thoughts and my meditations, as well as those around you.

Thank you. It was a very long night. Every creak and pop in the house woke me. The traffic driving in to the office this morning was eerily light. It's all very frightening.

KC,

I'm in for prayers for all the folks, and especially those in leadership, in that region.

Prayers up for all .

-_-

Prayers for the violence to end and for all who have been affected by such.

Prayers for you Kris. Stay safe.

How's my girl doing? You and Bucky have been a little scarce in these parts!

Yeah Kris! You stay safe! They're really being stupid around there right now!

Thank you for all your thoughts, prayers and wishes. Things seem to be calming down, for now. My neighbors are expecting the situation to ignite again once the investigation results are released. We are going to remain vigilant for a while.

Thanks again,

I guess the justice department is saying the police are being 'militaristic' in handling the situation. As usual Obama the jammah is getting involved...

Keep safe

GG

I hope you stay safe. Is it dangerous for you to drive to and from work?

Doing my best, thanks.

If I stay to the "back side" of the plant, and go straight in and straight out, I'm OK. The "front" of the plant is a couple blocks off Florissant Ave. where the demonstrations are taking place. {I saw the burned QT from the Credit Union parking lot.} Security believes we should be OK. The property, parking included, is surrounded by 8 ft.fences topped with razor wire. I drove across the river into the next county to do my grocery shopping and made sure I was home before dark.

Most of my neighbors are life time residents and they are all shaken. This kind of unrest is unheard of. We hope it ends soon.

Thanks for your prayers.

Unfortunately, you are seeing the later stages of the story. I had this same argument with my father. What you aren't seeing is the beginning of the police responses. When LEOs would respond to the scene, they would first show up with a couple of squad cars. If the crowd grew in size, so did the police presence. The pictures you are seeing is after hours of the demonstrations going on and the crowd was getting unruly. It's also getting close to dark. The protestors had been told they were welcome to peacefully protest as long as they didn't try to hurt anyone or damage property and went home before dark.

I hope the new incident commander is able to bring peace to the area. We really need it.

Unfortunately, you are seeing the later stages of the story. I had this same argument with my father. What you aren't seeing is the beginning of the police responses. When LEOs would respond to the scene, they would first show up with a couple of squad cars. If the crowd grew in size, so did the police presence. The pictures you are seeing is after hours of the demonstrations going on and the crowd was getting unruly. It's also getting close to dark. The protestors had been told they were welcome to peacefully protest as long as they didn't try to hurt anyone or damage property and went home before dark.

I hope the new incident commander is able to bring peace to the area. We really need it.

Thanks for the update. PLEASE stay safe!!

GG

And as usual, the media tries its best to put the police in the worst light possible. Thanks Kris, for confirming what a large number of us already suspected.

Try to stay safe and I hope this idiocy ends soon.

I was in the middle of the Rodney King riots the first night, then second day till early afternoon. We were fortunate to be able to get safely away.

I fully understand the thin veneer of civilized behaviour that we take somewhat for granted till that veneer is suddenly stripped away and we are all operating on the bottom of Maslow's heirarchy.

Praying for the best for you and all there in Ferguson/St Louis area.

Saw a CNN anchor sarcastically aking the governor if they had a land mine problem in the county (a referenve to the surplus MRAP trucks the sheriff has)

Then they talked about the these heavy military weapons the cops have. I wasn't aware a truck was weapon but what do I know.

Hope tonight is calm but it's Friday night and it's August. Bad combination as far as potential riots go.

Meanwhile, Putin sent a column of armored vehicles into Ukraine and the Ukrainians shot em up pretty good. Putin denies it happened.

A few other things going on, like the funeral of the first general officer killed since Vietnam. Usually the Commander in Chief attends.

Usually.

:angry:

Sigh! :(

Yah, really. Time for a burger, a beer, and Caddyshack in the Blue Ray

Great video, Col.

Bob called it. I was afraid this would happen. I'm hunkered down here at the house for the weekend. Hopefully the rain will dampen things down a bit. I'll keep my eyes on the news and keep praying that peace finally prevails.

When I read the rhetoric of hate, intolerance and fear being poured out by people that have no intention of listening to facts or reason, topped off by the fact that sharpton and jackson are in Ferguson to further fan the flames, I'm really very concerned about this whole thing. Calamity, I truly pray that you and your family can stay safe through this. Personally, I applaud your bravery, because I think at this point I would be looking for any way I could find to be far, far away from Ferguson for a while. This seems to have the potential to blow wide open, rapidly spreading beyond St. Louis. Our current society has shown that there is an element in it that is constantly looking for any excuse to riot, loot and even kill.

Keep your heads down, be safe as you can, and keep your means of defense close.

When I read the rhetoric of hate, intolerance and fear being poured out by people that have no intention of listening to facts or reason, topped off by the fact that sharpton and jackson are in Ferguson to further fan the flames, I'm really very concerned about this whole thing. Calamity, I truly pray that you and your family can stay safe through this. Personally, I applaud your bravery, because I think at this point I would be looking for any way I could find to be far, far away from Ferguson for a while. This seems to have the potential to blow wide open, rapidly spreading beyond St. Louis. Our current society has shown that there is an element in it that is constantly looking for any excuse to riot, loot and even kill.

Keep your heads down, be safe as you can, and keep your means of defense close.

Thanks Clay. I'm not doing anything courageous. I'm just fulfilling some of Maslow's basic needs, keeping food on the table and bills paid. If not for that, I would be far, far away.

In talking with the neighbors this morning, we feel if/when things blow up, the wave will move closer to the City. They are looking for fast, easy targets of opportunity. We here in the 'burbs aren't what they are looking for. Additionally, we are much more likely to be armed. They certainly don't want any of that.

Uno and my brother are in constant contact with me. If I should have to take a hiatus, they will know how to reach me.

I do fear this escalating and spreading beyond the St Louis and Missouri borders. I think everyone should remain vigilant, at least for now. Unfortunately, as we saw with Rodney King, this is only the first wave. Regardless of what the trial verdict for the officer involved is, the fire will again be ignited and rage out of control.

Stay safe.

Archived