SASS Wire Forum

Ambush At Cavern Cove who's coming? Stage 10 Update

Sent in on the 16th. Been in contact with Drake trying to figure out what is up.

We did get it, I paid Drake to register you in the Cowgirl Category, so that I would have a chance to win.

If you can't beat them be underhanded.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We did get it, I paid Drake to register you in the Cowgirl Category, so that I would have a chance to win.

If you can't beat them be underhanded.

Help get me out of this pit. I am surrounded by sidewinders. :lol:

Help get me out of this pit. I am surrounded by sidewinders. :lol:

Barkeep....you want I should bring a new rope with me from GA?

Would not miss it. I will be there and looking forward to a great match with great folks!

I know Thursday is the official start of Ambush, but does anyone have anything going on Wednesday or Wednesday evening?

Bama,

Wed. nights are always happening as the campers start rolling in, and people start to unwind. But I do not think there is anything formal on the books.

3 Days!!!!!

Just a little update on the knockdowns on the last stage. They are all regulated to go down with a .22lr from a single six with a center shot. And the whole contraption would not move with a whole team of plow horses. Checked bu multiple shooters to included a clean shooter from our shoot through. The only thing that will hold you back is using those pesky sites on the guns. Heavier loads aren't going to help you get'er done!

Da'Lightning.

Ok....so I am looking at the weather forecast....I'm sure hoping that it gets better. What if.......is there an alternate plan in place like what was done at the GA state match 2 years ago?

Kajun

I just checked and it is calling for 100% chance for Friday. :(

Cheatin'

Yep....that's the point I was trying to make without just coming out there with it. At a recent GA State match the match director and staff had to make a really gutsy call. The match was scheduled for Fri and Sat but the weather forecast had a 100% chance of rain on Sat so they polled the shooters and the majority agreed to shoot all 10 stages on Friday. It was a long day but it we got the match in. A gutsy call for sure but it was the right call....it rained all day on Sat.

I know that the folks putting on the Ambush match are keeping a close eye on the weather....contingency planning for state matches is a tough thing to do. The match was not scheduled to take place on Sat and Sun but weather might change schedules.

Kajun

Ok....so I am looking at the weather forecast....I'm sure hoping that it gets better. What if.......is there an alternate plan in place like what was done at the GA state match 2 years ago?

Kajun

I do not know if there is a 1 day 10 stage plan, but most stages are covered and we now have covers over the loading and unloading areas (Thanks Skittles and team). Hopefully the rain will hold off long enough to get Friday's five stages in before it hits. And Saloon night will be rain or shine under the big tin roof!

it's O Friggin Dark Thirty

the van is loaded

guns……check

ammo….check

boots…..check

the dogs in jail and I'm hittin the road

10 hours of Alabama back roads YeeHaw

see ya'll soon……or more like later

Chicken Scratch

Be careful driving Stan, Kajun, and Scratch. Side Matches tomorrow, and a Rimfire Cowboy Shoot under the lights tomorrow night. We should be partying it up under the big tin roof after the guns get put away as well.

Be careful driving Stan, Kajun, and Scratch. Side Matches tomorrow, and a Rimfire Cowboy Shoot under the lights tomorrow night. We should be partying it up under the big tin roof after the guns get put away as well.

...and Uncle Frank is letting you be barkeep....this oughta be a goodern...an experienced man such as yourself with lots of elbow bending and drinking and trash talking experience (yeah I read the Ocoee Rangers Forums ;) ) Party under the big tin roof oughta be fun. See ya'll tomorrow.

Kajun

Heading out in the morning. Miss Iva and I will be shooting the BP side match. This is her first State Match that she will be shooting BP for the whole match. :D

Cheatin'

...and Uncle Frank is letting you be barkeep....this oughta be a goodern...an experienced man such as yourself with lots of elbow bending and drinking and trash talking experience (yeah I read the Ocoee Rangers Forums ;) ) Party under the big tin roof oughta be fun. See ya'll tomorrow.

Kajun

I know, I know, nobody likes a trash talking barkeep. But I can't help it :lol:. Besides the drinks are free Friday Night!

Archived