SASS Wire Forum

97 on Andy Griffith show

Hoss

Was watching Andy Griffith show, looked like he was using a 97 to re-capture some bad guys Barney let out of jail. Since I started CAS now I try to identify old guns.

On an aside, I bet there aren't any shows in production today that we will be watching in 50+ years. a timeless classic.

I guarantee you I won't be watching anything in 50 years!

Maybe daisy roots. :D

Dirty Harry .

I gots to know .

First bank robber shot has a Winchester 1897 .

Did anyone see the receiver?

From what I could see it could be a Winchester 12.

The imfdb lists a winchester 12 not the 97 as the gun used.

The pix on imfdb don't show the receiver.

That could be .

I did not think about the 12.

I was always looking the take down tube :unsure:

I swear that one of the guns in the Mayberry Sheriff's office gun rack is an Austrian 1895 Manlicher type. Anyone else notice that hole in the bottom where the clip falls out after the last round is chambered? But Andy never took it out of the rack so I'm still not sure.

Seamus

Oh BULL! I'll only be 122 years old and....................... uh, where was I going with this?

Sounds like by then you and I could be in the same tube carried by Celestic. From what I understand, $1,000 will get you in orbit. $10,000 might get ones ashes to the Moon! :(

I remember seeing the M 12 yrs ago....

Are you kidding me!?!?

KONO runs up the gang plank in the PILOT episode of my favorite cop series when I was a kid HAWAII FIVE-O with a Winchester '97.

That's cool!

Waimea

:FlagAm:

I watched Yuma with Clint Walker (1971) last week. About fifteen minutes into the movie, which looks to be about 1880 as Tombstone and Bisbee are just ramping up, a fellow gets shot up while holding a Win 1893 or 1897. I could not see the receiver, but the exposed hammer and Winchester takedown device was visible.

I called a minor safety for shooting out of category.

I noticed the mag tube is on upside down. Can't see the receiver well enough to tell if it's a model 97 or 12. Shotgun will work better if assembled correctly. Movie Armorer doesn't know the gun well enough when assembly happened.

Archived