SASS Wire Forum

73 length of pull

MBFields

Have been noticing when shooting my Winchester that I am actually pulling away from my shoulder. Not sure if this because lop is to short and as levering am pushing out to much or if it is just not holding firm enough to shoulder. I guess would have to have someone watch as I shoot to see what is going on? Hoping to make it to Gunsmoke and Duece's shooting school. Any input appreciated. If need to lengthen stock who does this?

I'm 6' 5 1/2" and use the stock that came with the gun without any pads or modification. But you gotta do whatever it takes to get the gun to feel good to you. Body and arm conformation varies considerably from one person to another. The easiest way to lengthen a stock is to use a slip on rubber pad, then cover it with a period correct leather cover. Good luck.

You can get a nice lace on leather pad here http://www.traphappens.com/product/API-2607. I put one on my Rossi 92 because I did not like he crescent butt plate and wanted a longer LOP. Cut a piece of ridged foam that fills in the curve on the butt plate and then lace the pad on. Will give you about 3/4 to 1 inch longer LOP. These are the only lace on pads I have found where the leather is any good.

Archived