SASS Wire Forum

John Wayne Variety Show performs God Bless America

I couldn't find a YouTube or other link - but this was on Facebook - enjoy...and I know some of us have our differences, but I would ride the river with all of you. God bless and have a great weekend.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10203900770857211

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Very cool. They don't do shows like that anymore. The crude they put out now is junk.

Great stuff :)

I was okay till they got to Dan Blocker in the Indian feather. Then I cracked up and missed the rest.

Maybe I''m a commie. :lol:

Guest Milo Talon SASS #23163

Thanks much for posting this Gunner! Wish I could figure out how to post this on facebook.

Can't do Facebook. Usually don't miss it at all. Suspect this may have been good-un.

Remember when Hollywood and actors supported America and everything we stood for. Movies were full of Patriotic actors they showed pride in what they did and not who. A lot of actors were mostly common people with True American values, regardless all meals had prayers. Where has this all gone?

Actors entertain us and do guide our future in many ways. I'm not sure where some of these actors are trying to lead us and our children. We had great ACTORS then: John Wayne, Lee Majors, Clint Eastwood, Ronald Reagan, Maureen O'HARA, SOPHIA LOREN, LAUREN BACALL, JANE RUSSEL, and the list goes on, but think you get where I am coming from. Hollywood is not what it once was.

Remember when Hollywood and actors supported America and everything we stood for. Movies were full of Patriotic actors they showed pride in what they did and not who. A lot of actors were mostly common people with True American values, regardless all meals had prayers. Where has this all gone?

Actors entertain us and do guide our future in many ways. I'm not sure where some of these actors are trying to lead us and our children. We had great ACTORS then: John Wayne, Lee Majors, Clint Eastwood, Ronald Reagan, Maureen O'HARA, SOPHIA LOREN, LAUREN BACALL, JANE RUSSEL, and the list goes on, but think you get where I am coming from. Hollywood is not what it once was.

Klondike,

I think it is partly the media while the people that you list are great none were perfect, but they did not lead there life in constant spotlight celebrities do now. Also I think they were of a different caliber that did not hang all their dirty laundry out there for the world to see.

Also people now are mean and don't want their "heroes" to be perfect they seem to delight in their misstep.

Hope who were able to watch it enjoyed. I remember as a boy who grew up in the 70's that it truly was an era at the tail end of American decency..... After Reagan in '86 things kinda started to go down hill.... God bless our country- please!

GG

You'll never work in this town again.

Dang. Blacklisted!! :lol:

Archived