SASS Wire Forum

Holster brand help please!

Duncan Disorderly

Went to the local gun vendor to see if he had the vaquero I wanted (he did!) and looked through his 'holster box' - it's where used stuff gets tossed. Found a matching pair of holsters,Hunter 2300 model $40 each. Just need a shotgun shell holder and I'm good to go. I have a belt that will function for the time being.

Thanks all

I started in this game in '89 or '90 and I can't tell you how many holsters I've been through. They've all served me well from the cheapos to the high dollar custom stuff.

For a fellow just starting out remember that in a year or so, like many of us, you won't even be shooting the same hand guns you have now. It may be prudent to start off with something inexpensive like Triple K from Cabelas. I'm currently carrying my Schofields in a pair of Cabelas holsters that cost about $25 a piece. I wet molded them, did a little trimming, dyeing and nickel spotted 'em. They look good and work very well.

cow chip; I just noticed your post about the used Hunter holster.......good move I'd say.

Archived