SASS Wire Forum

Who would you like to shoot with on the wire?

Dirty Dan Dawkins

I got to thinking. Theres a lot of folks here on the WIRE we all chat with and call friends but really don't know. If I had to put a posse of 12 together (including me) of the people I have not met/or not shot with but know from the wire, it would look something like this:

Widder' (only one this list I have met)

Brother King

Madd Mike

Allie Mo

Utah Bob

Gunner Gatlin

Deuce Stevens

Rye Miles

Slick McLade

Phantom

Lassiter

Sure there are others, lots of others!

How about you?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been shooting SASS since 1992.

I know that what happens here on the forums is more like reading the Sunday Funnies.

Entertainment.

I would be happy to shoot with any one from the forum at a real cas match.

It would be the only way to really find out how someone really is.

And I can even put up with screaming kids once. ;^) this is joke people. a joke.

And I can even put up with screaming kids once. ;^) this is joke people. a joke.

I have 3 that will try your nerves. The 4th, and oldest, you'd enjoy shooting with.

I have been shooting SASS since 1992.

I know that what happens here on the forums is more like reading the Sunday Funnies.

Entertainment.

I would be happy to shoot with any one from the forum at a real cas match.

It would be the only way to really find out how someone really is.

There you have it.

Except maybe Bisley Joe.

Well I like alittle color in my life sOOOO..

Widder, Brother King, Madd Mike, Phantom, Possum Skinner. Gunner Gatlin, Wyatt, Lassiter, Red River Ray, Tex #4, Bootsie Hill.... ME!! :lol::lol:

NOW that's a crew fer sure!!! :blink::wacko: HEE HEE HEE..

Spades H. :ph34r:

Hard to limit it to just 12....

Jed I Knight

Rolan Krapps

T-Bone Dooley

Calliope Cupcake

Deuce Stevens

Philly Slim

Cap'n George Baylor

Misty Moonshine

Colt Faro

Matt Black

Crazy Mingo

Sugah (even if Buck comes along with her :P)

Doc Eells

Most of the Saloon regulars

And a host of others

Some of those I've had the pleasure of meeting but not shooting with, some I have not met. Nellie Blue would be on the list but I have had the pleasure of shooting with her and would gladly do it again.

If I had to choose one, it would be Jed I Knight, from what I know of him he embraces the game with a hoot and a hollar and if you can't have fun being around him, I reckon you probably just can't have fun.

My friend

Gunner Gatlin .

I hear he is out there some were :huh:

But I have not seen him this year :blush:

Hope we will cross paths this year and have a couple beers . :)

Some real "class acts" listed on these bucket shoot-with lists. Only a couple names listed here I have not had the pleasure to shoot with and hope to some day. Keep going to the bigger matches (or Texas) when you can and you will meet a lot of good folks in CAS. It's a small world after all ...

I've shot with a lot of greats and I'm in awe every time. I shot with Slick back in May and his movements are fluid and transitions are flawless. A word to the wise would be don't blink or you will miss the action. Shooting with Widder is on my bucket list though.

The more that I get a chance to visit other places, I have never met a stranger in this sport, and so far, everyone I have met has been helpful and fun to shoot with. That being said, I can honestly say that it is impossible to not have your face hurt from grinning after shooting with Grizzly Dave, Calico Mary, and Buick.

I have had the pleasure to shoot with about 40% of the shooters already listed

Like cliff hanger said, posse me with anyone, with one exception,

Posse me with anyone at an away shoot and no hand picked loaded posse

Oops that was two exceptions

The wire ain't shooting

And shooting ain't the wire

shooting seems to bring out the best in us

I've shot with a lot of greats and I'm in awe every time. I shot with Slick back in May and his movements are fluid and transitions are flawless. A word to the wise would be don't blink or you will miss the action. Shooting with Widder is on my bucket list though.

When ya do shoot with wider

Bring a super high speed camera, that is the only way you will be able to watch his hummingbird gunfighter thumbs in action, I believe he still holds the gunfighter world record, if not, he has more than once in the olden days

Madddddd Mike,

even hummingbirds get older and slower. BUT, not yet..... :lol:

These old thumbs still have some good 'flutter' in em.....but the old eyeballs seem to have trouble putting the front sight on the target correctly when trying to run those warp speeds..... ;)

Sorri fellers, but most on my list will be the Ladies in our game, of which I HAVE NOT met:

Allie Mo

Rocky Meadows

Misty Moonshine

Calico Mary

Half a Hand Henry

and the list goes on and on.

..........Widder

For me it would have to be WIDDER! He helped me get my Marlin runnin great. Talked to him on the phone several times for my Marlin and my friends, but never met him! Great all around pard, and the kindest guy in the world. I hope to make the long drive next year and go to GOA just to shoot with him!!

BD

Howdy,

Id shoot with anyone who aint careless.

Wave a barrel my way and we aint friends no mo.

And Id especially like to shoot wit somea da ladies on the wire.

Keep those pms comin.

And I like shootin with the best, so I get to learn from them.

Best

CR

Madddddd Mike,

even hummingbirds get older and slower. BUT, not yet..... :lol:

These old thumbs still have some good 'flutter' in em.....but the old eyeballs seem to have trouble putting the front sight on the target correctly when trying to run those warp speeds..... ;)

Sorri fellers, but most on my list will be the Ladies in our game, of which I HAVE NOT met:

Allie Mo

Rocky Meadows

Misty Moonshine

Calico Mary

Half a Hand Henry

and the list goes on and on.

..........Widder

I noticed the gender bias.....we understand.

Dang it Dan, Santa Fe River Stan, Rough Neck Rod and all the rest of their gang!

+1

Lucky enough to shoot with some of them but not the whole crew.

+1

Lucky enough to shoot with some of them but not the whole crew.

Dang it Dan, Santa Fe River Stan, Rough Neck Rod and all the rest of their gang

I shoot with them and the rest of the Crew on a regular basis..........they're boring, 12 seconds and it's over with.

I shoot with them and the rest of the Crew on a regular basis..........they're boring, 12 seconds and it's over with.

I heard Rod has chronic head lice. Or was it sand fleas he brought up to GA.

I can't think of anybody here on the Wire that seems like a stick in the mud. That tells me everybody here would be loads of fun to shoot with. So just sign me up and I'll shoot with anybody and everybody who I'm possed with.

(Yes, even Creeker, Gawd Awful and Lumpy Grits, who I've all shot with before.)

First choice - - - - I'd like to shoot with all the folks I havn't shot with yet................ :)

Second choice - - - - I'd like to shoot with all the folks I have shot with already........... :D course they would be my first choice too..........hum.......this is getting confusing............. :unsure:

Really - #1 my mentor - Doc Shipiro.....the gang I used to shoot with back east,,,,,,Chuckaroo, Shadow, Dice, Vermin, Spotted Horse, Gerronimo Jim, Jingles and Bonnie, Plug, Three Fingerd Jake, Cody, Twin, and all the others I can't recall their names right now......some have gone on - but it would be a great reunion........... :wub:

The only one I have trouble with is that Wind-Walker fella......he gets in my head sometimes...... :huh:

Regards.....Wolf

I have shot with wind wolf waker

More times than I can count over the past couple of decades

What a hoot to shoot with

You all need to sign up for his shoot in st George Utah, and don't forget to request to posse with that feller

You will have an absolute blast

He might even be shooting some of his feather lite loads, that is even better

I have been playing this game since 1992.

I do have a list of 3 maybe 4, I would rather not shoot with.

But if I end up on a posse with them, I don't let it bother me.

I'll even run the timer if asked and be as fair as I would with any one else.

-----------

Allie Mo

Rocky Meadows

Misty Moonshine (not sure)

Calico Mary

Half a Hand Henry

and many more.

Widder, I have shot with these woman more than once. I can tell you, to do your best, you have to really focus on the firing line if you intend to do well. The distraction is over whelming. Especially at multi day events where the ladies would all get together and declare Saturday, bloomers day. Never saw so many volunteer to be counters.

What a sport.

CH

I would like to shoot with Widder and Pit Bull Tex and most any one else

Painted Filly

I have shot with wider and u

you would be impressed with how gentlemanly that thar feller is,

Good shooter ad a dash of good soul and a pinch of integrity

Yup, that is the best way to describe my experience shooting with both him and Lassiter at the same time

And we were all shooting the GunFighter class together at a regional shoot, what a hoot

The same goes for the integrity of that man in black to

I got me a good story bout lassiter's breakfast choices, which I happened upon by accident

There I was, innocently showing up at a Waffle House a couple of days in a row, so early that the waitress was sitting on the curb outside smoking a cigarette , I was dressed almost as cowboy as the man in black.

This here waitress, asked me what's going on, with cowboys stopping for breakfast so early in the am

She described the man in black to a tee, what he ordered each morning will be forever branded in that waitress and my mind

Legends are continued that a way

Third day of the shoot, I show up, greet Lassiter and simply said, how did you enjoy your breakfast of x-x this morning, I think he was shocked, as we never crossed paths at thar restaurant, just shot together

This is the kind of stuff what makes travel shooting CAS worth the time-energy-funding

Anyone slower than me.

Fillmore

For me, that list would be too short to fill a posse.

Dang it Dan, Santa Fe River Stan, Rough Neck Rod and all the rest of their gang!

What about me? You were at the top of my list!

Archived