SASS Wire Forum

Any tidbits of wisdom that you want to share with the rest of us?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like I tell my grandkids when they complain about school and homework " The worlds always going to need pole dancers and ditch diggers".

There is no situation that is so bad that I can't make it worse, entirely through my own actions.

There are two sides to every coin, fence, situation, if you don't look over the edge you won't ever understand the other side.

Been pondering on that for the last little while and haven't had a place to share it, thanks for the post.

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid.

One day my manager asked me if I was ever going to leave his department (24 people over a mile from the main facility) and move across to the other side so that I could get better visibility and an improved chance at a promotion. (99.99% of the company's employees are on that side).

Told him that "The reason the grass is greener on the other side of the fence is usually because it is receiving bigger loads of BS than the side you are currently on."

He laughed so hard he almost dropped his coffee.

I had enough ladder climbing and being a supervisor in the military to do me for a lifetime. Now all I want is a steady paycheck and to be left alone to do my job and keep the customer happy. I'll threaten to quit the first time they try to put supervisor or manager in my job title. Most of my group feels the same way. We proudly tell everyone that dares to come out and visit that we work on "The Island of Broken and Misfit Toys".

This thread appears to be a continuation of the "black Humor I discussed in a previous thread. If you seem to be getting deeper in the hole, first thing you should do is stop digging.

curley

If you can keep your head when everyone around you is losing theirs, you obviously don't understand the problem.

If everything seems to be going well, you've obviously overlooked something!! <_<

No matter how bad things are now, they can always get worse!! :o

Murphy was an optimist!! :lol:

If at first you don't succeed, don't attempt skydiving!! :rolleyes:

Growing old is not for sissy's. :P

Growing old sucks, but it beats the alternative.

And my dad's favorite: "A worm is the only creature that can't fall down."

It is always darkest just before things go completely black.

I didn't really need ta hear that one when I'z gonna be makin' Buick work on that light switch sumtime this weekend..... :blink::P

Archived