SASS Wire Forum

Yusta B.

Just got an email from Bar 3. 2014 will be the last Comin at Cha at the Badlands Bar 3.

Excerpt from email:

"This year's Comin' At Cha will be the last S.W. Regional Championship match held at the Bar 3 Ranch. I don't know where the match will move to but I know it's gonna continue to be a great place for pards to meet up and send a few rounds down the range. "

Where are they moving it to???

or is it the last "Comin' at 'Cha" period???

Details please.........

Thank you for adding the Excerpt Yusta.

Hope another club picks it up and runs with it.

Have ideas of where I think it should be, and who should host it.

Hoping they want it, and are willing to take it.

Kind of got spoiled having a Regional just less than 2 hours away.

Anyone who lives with the zeal and passion that T Bone does is bound to get tired after a while. Besides, he's getting old. ;) I am priviledged to have been able to shoot at his range from the inception. Whatever club applies and receives the Regional for 2015 will have some big shoes to fill. Let's all go to CaC 2014 and throw the biggest danged party that place has ever seen. See ya'll at the end of October! :D

He has for sure done his share & more for SASS and many, many shooters along the way.

First, let's be perfectly clear about something: There is absolutely no place on this continent that can throw a party like TEXAS. If you can't have fun in Texas your fun meter is broken. :(

Then you add the talent, passion and shear down to earth 'glad you're here' goodness of T-bone Dooley who treats everyone with respect and friendship like they are at his home (oh, wait it is at his home).

Next add the best group of fun seekers there are anywhere: Our own SASS community of friends.

Wrap that up in pretty October northeast Texas weather in the pineywoods.

Add to that a little bit of a HERicane in the name of Honey B Graceful behind the scenes making sure the "I's" are crossed and the "T's" are dotted :wacko: to a crew that has put on the best, most sold out shoot in the most remote place between motels.

AND BOOM! A party is sure to break out of a shoot that is bound to be a good one for sure..... and you just never know what that man T-bone Dooley has up his sleeve. :ph34r:

Really hate to hear this! Tbone and Nuttin taught he a lot about shooting. CAC has been on my don't miss list for 7 years and last year I couldn't make it cause of work. If you've been I don't have to say more if you haven't you need to go for the last time. Many of my friends came from CAC even if it was only time I saw them. It will be missed.

Thank you Tbone for opening your range, home, and heart and for all you've done for shooters and SASS.

DC

Dagnabit! Another of the great matches I had on my Must Shoot list that life kept me from making.

T-bone is one of a kind so it's no surprise his match would be one of the best. His dedication to making it the best match ever will be impossible to duplicate. Whichever club picks it up will have some big shoes to fill.

Guest Tascosa Kid #90830

Was there no explanation as to why this one is the last? I'll work it into my schedule. Please keep everyone informed.

I have made every CAC Regional, but was considering skipping this one for a cruise.

I will be sending in my CAC entry today.

I do hope that whichever club picks this up does not continue to schedule the SW Regional on the

opening weekend of deer season in Texas.

I have made every CAC Regional, but was considering skipping this one for a cruise.

I will be sending in my CAC entry today.

I do hope that whichever club picks this up does not continue to schedule the SW Regional on the

opening weekend of deer season in Texas.

+ A Bunch!!!!!

Got my forms in the mail. Cannot wait! Last year was my first CAC and was the best time I have had with my gun belt on lol. Hate to see it go somewhere else, T Bone is a great great host!!

Land Run?

Haven't been to LR. But from what I've heard it seems like a good choice? Is LR even a sass sanctioned event??

It will be interesting to see where that regional lands.

Our Commin' at Cha apps in the mail yesterday:)

Regards,

Ringer

Haven't been to LR. But from what I've heard it seems like a good choice? Is LR even a sass sanctioned event??

It will be interesting to see where that regional lands.

Our Commin' at Cha apps in the mail yesterday:)

Regards,

Ringer

Land Run is not a State or above match. But it is a SASS clubs annual. And is run by SASS rules.

They are already running over 300 shooters without being a State or above match.

Would be a little farther for some South Texas shooters. But a little closer for those in Northern Kansas.

So all in all. Not a bad location for a Regional.

Not right in the middle of the region. But not way off to one end or the other.

And they run a good match.

It ain't over yet... 2014 S.W. Regional is still one of the finest matches in the World. The Wild Bunch will make a sound decision on moving and to what club will host 2015 Championship match. The Intercontinental Outlaw Championship of the World is Moving back across the Mississippi to Black Gold in Manchester, Ky. That's Copperhead Joes match.... The decision to stop CAC was mine and I had no influence by any other parties.. I want the S.W. Reg match to continue to be a top rated match and hope someday be a part of it again. CAC 2014 is filling up fast so get your entries in and lets all go to the farwell party. T-Bone Dooley

Could move it to El Paseo TX. We'd have moving targets and we could help with Border security. Then it would be a short drive from Border Town. It'll never be the same without T-bone and gang !!!!!Hells Comin

Archived