SASS Wire Forum

Pick any Weatern, movie or TV

Madd Mike #8595

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know what... I'm changing my mind.

What was Steve McQueen's character in Magnificent 7?

It was "Vin" and he's my top choice, as well (but then again that's why I have my alias and avatar).

"Chris" (Yul Brenner) from The Magnificent Seven would be a good second choice.

"Bernardo O'Reilly" (Charles Bronson) from The Magnificent Seven my third choice, but sometimres my first. If just for this speech when the young village children call their father's cowards:

"Don’t you ever say that again about your fathers, because they are not cowards. You think I am brave because I carry a gun; well, your fathers are much braver because they carry responsibility, for you, your brothers, your sisters, and your mothers. And this responsibility is like a big rock that weighs a ton. It bends and it twists them until finally it buries them under the ground. And there’s nobody says they have to do this. They do it because they love you, and because they want to. I have never had this kind of courage. Running a farm, working like a mule every day with no guarantee anything will ever come of it. This is bravery."

Get the idea that I like "The Magnificent Seven?" That movie really impressed this youngster (me).

Changed my mind. Tex Ritter..

No. Gabby Hayes.

Or California Carlson.

Can I be somebody different each shoot?

Yep!

And that is the beauty of SASS!!

It was "Vin" and he's my top choice, as well (but then again that's why I have my alias and avatar).

"Chris" (Yul Brenner) from The Magnificent Seven would be a good second choice.

"Bernardo O'Reilly" (Charles Bronson) from The Magnificent Seven my third choice, but sometimres my first. If just for this speech when the young village children call their father's cowards:

"Don’t you ever say that again about your fathers, because they are not cowards. You think I am brave because I carry a gun; well, your fathers are much braver because they carry responsibility, for you, your brothers, your sisters, and your mothers. And this responsibility is like a big rock that weighs a ton. It bends and it twists them until finally it buries them under the ground. And there’s nobody says they have to do this. They do it because they love you, and because they want to. I have never had this kind of courage. Running a farm, working like a mule every day with no guarantee anything will ever come of it. This is bravery."

Get the idea that I like "The Magnificent Seven?" That movie really impressed this youngster (me).

When I was a kid there was no western worth watching that didn't have John Wayne in it.

Until I saw The Magnificent Seven. So I know what you mean. I make a point of watching that movie every once in while, and it's just as good every time.

Now that I'm older I've found I like a lot of Clint Eastwood's movies, but I had nothing for him when I was a kid. Unforgiven is one of my favorites.

"Bad Bob. Not Dirty Bad Bob, the Mexican, but the original Bad Bob, the mean one..."

SS

What movie?
High Noon.
Never did like that movie, it showed Westerners as cowards and they were anything but.

They were veterans of the Civil War, Indian fights, buffalo hunters, men with the bark on and the women were no less tough, they just looked better.

If I like the movie so well, why would I want to be in it?
Because I'd like to be an anonymous resident of that town, fed up with the cowardice of my fellows: I'd like to take a repeating rifle and lay ambush for the bad guys, wait until the first shot is fired, then clean house.

Guest Hoss Carpenter, SASS Life 7843

Matt Dillon or Wyatt Earp, But Gus would be a close third.

Hoss C.

Ok

Gender switch

I would be Sharon stone in her western

Brain Bleach, where did I put it?

This is so wrong, on so many levels....

I can't believe it took most of three pages for someone to say Shane!

For me it would either be Shane, or Vin from the Magnificent Seven.

Although I have to admit, the John Cannon idea for Victoria has a lot of merit. It's just that his son annoys me.

I know! Tyrel Sackett. He gets a beautiful Mexican girl as well.

I hope Mrs. Doc doesn't see this, or I'm going to have a red headed Scottish girl mad at me.

Lots to choose but perhaps Jim West - riding by train, lots of girls and fun toys. Perhaps Colburn's character in Mag Seven because he was the fastest, perhaps, the Virginian - lots of land to ride and some responsibility, perhaps Bret Maverick, girls and gambling , perhaps Sundance because of Kathrine Ross and again the fastest (and a really nice vest) :)

Archived