SASS Wire Forum

Sorta OT - ORM-D shipping

I just received a brick of .22 Long Rifle ammo from a commercial gunshop with a web presence. The price wasn't too unreasonable, and ground shipping was quite reasonable. However, there were no ORM-D stickers on the carton, and there was no adult signature required. I thought both of these were requirements for shipping loaded ammunition. Is rimfire ammo exempt, or did they screw up?

Laz

"Signature required" is up to the seller. There are no laws or regulations requiring it. But yes, it should have been marked ORM-D.

You got a deal of a lifetime. You were able to actually BUY 22 LR ammo, AND you got it shipped without ORM-D. Better go buy a lottery ticket or visit the horse track tonight.

Don't need to wish you good luck, do I? GJ

I just got a case of 5000 22lr from UPS and it wasn't marked ORM-D. Before you ask it is a single lot of ELEY Tenex for my match rifle. Cost: $ 1950.00. Only up $50 from 2 years ago. Match 22 has always been available. Just the cheap junk is in short supply.

Match 22 has always been available. Just the cheap junk is in short supply.

Maybe where you live, but over here in Blindpanicstan even the match ammo was gobbled up.

Thanks for the replies, guys.

Thanks, Bad Hand. I had no idea of that change.

Happy Jack, I don't need the Eley match ammo for plinking; just the "cheap junk".

Laz

Archived