SASS Wire Forum

Hawaii: My Conversation with NRA-ILA State Liaison

Dan Reid returned my phone call yesterday to discuss the Hawaii situation. Dan is the NRA-ILA State liaison for Hawaii, Arizona, Nevada and Oregon. He is also Renegade Reid, SASS# 72588! Needless to say we got along famously. He was familiar with some of the issues Haole outlined in his email and the NRA is addressing those and other concerns but Haole note gave Dan a much better picture of and appreciation for what gun owners at the grassroots level are facing. Thanks to Haole, the NRA now has a more focused view of the challenges. Thanks Haole!!!

The main stumbling block is the overwhelming liberal make up of the state. In the Senate, there are 24 Democrats and 1 Republican. In the legislature there are 44 Democrats and 7 Republicans. Given that, he does say there are several conservative Democrats that support gun rights to some degree.

Dan is very enthusiastic and dedicated to the task but in truth, the NRA and all gun owners there have a steep hill to climb. I asked him to summarize the NRA actions in Hawaii and shoot me an email in that regard. He readily agreed to do that in the near future but has a number of primaries hes focused on right now. Once I get that summary, I send it out to TSSDs, the Wild Bunch and post it here on the Team SASS Forum.

He also asked me to send his contact information to our Hawaii TSSD which I will did. Haole; please feel free to establish contact with Dan. He will be a great resource for your efforts in the state.

Stay tuned

Archived