SASS Wire Forum

Tex...SASS #4

Phantom, SASS #54973

Thanks for all your years of hard work as editor of The CC.

We didn't and don't agree on everything...but I'll always respect you for your dedication and hard work put towards this game that you help create.

So...Thanks!

Phantom

What Phantom said +100000000

thanks Tex and CAT!

Thank you Tex and Cat.

It's a thankless job but someone has to do it. I know Skinny and he is a great guy and will do a great job. Tex you set the bar high but you chose the right guy to follow you up.

A thank you Tex & Cat for your years of professional dedication. You did select an excellant individual for the new editor & that being Skinny. I have known him for quite a few years and he is one dedicated individual as well.

Thanks again Tex & Cat:

JRJ

Thank you Tex for your dedication.

May be I'll meet you again at the next DoT in Italy

Okay, maybe I'm just an a$$hole, but it seems to me that the only time Tex was ever mentioned here was when he wrote an editorial that made people mad.

Don't get me wrong, if it weren't for Tex, SASS probably wouldn't exist as we know it.

So why the sudden change of heart?

Okay, maybe I'm just an a$$hole, but it seems to me that the only time Tex was ever mentioned here was when he wrote an editorial that made people mad.

Don't get me wrong, if it weren't for Tex, SASS probably wouldn't exist as we know it.

Change of heart????? What are you talking about.

Tex put in many long hours over many years and now is stepping down. He deserves a thank you...period.

No one is saying "jack" about whether you agree or disagree with his editorials...so if you don't mind, either thank him...or leave this thread alone and start you own disrespectful thread if that suits your attitude.

:angry:

Guest Half-a-Hand Henri

Tex and Cat have dedicated the second half of their lives to this Game. We owe them both a huge debt of gratitude.

Tex has worked tirelessly for many decades in this wonderfull game of CAS

He has probably been right or wrong just at as we all are from time to time

It is good to see a post geared around thanking him for his hard work

Tex and Cat have heard me say "thanks" so many times they probably think I've got a recording... And while I have high hopes for the future of the Chronicle... it'll never be the same...

Change of heart????? What are you talking about.

Tex put in many long hours over many years and now is stepping down. He deserves a thank you...period.

No one is saying "jack" about whether you agree or disagree with his editorials...so if you don't mind, either thank him...or leave this thread alone and start you own disrespectful thread if that suits your attitude.

:angry:

Hold on there, Pard: I've never said ANYTHING about Tex, one way or another. Re-read my post. SASS wouldn't be what it is without him.

All I'm saying is that whenever one of his editorials, say banning blue jeans, for instance, would come out, the Wire would be burning up with those who had a problem with it.

Now all I'm seeing is glowing platitudes. Does he deserve them? YES! Did he deserve all the criticism? Maybe. But I'm not saying that Tex ever had ANYTHING other that the best interrests of SASS at heart.

I'm merely commenting on the comments in this thread. If Miss Alli or any of the other Moderators thinks my posts are improper, then by all means remove them.

Thanks for all your years of hard work as editor of The CC.

We didn't and don't agree on everything...but I'll always respect you for your dedication and hard work put towards this game that you help create.

So...Thanks!

Phantom

Amen brother + 100

Thanks Tex and Cat for all your work over the years. Enjoyed meeting and talking with the both of you in Branson.

I'm thinkin your first six words pretty well speak volumes.

Guest Hoss Carpenter, SASS Life 7843

Thanks Tex and Cat; my Wife and I met you all at the Second Mule Camp in GA in 1997. We all shared a drink or two at the motel pool and watched some Cowboys throw Persuader/ Gambler/ ??? (Some one help me out: he worked for the Wild Bunch and not Hip Shot!) in the pool. I saw you again at EOT in 2002. I always looked forward to your column and agreed with you "most" of the time. Good Luck and Gods Speed to you and Cat. Thanks to both of you for your tireless work for SASS.

Cheers, Hoss C.

At the 2008 EOT Tex and I were talking and I told him I was coming for him in the Senior Gunfighter category. He looked at me for a moment and said, "If you beat me I'll shoot you in the back" and laughed in that unmistakable way of his. He didn't have to shoot me after all. Thanks for your leadership and the memories.

Thanks Tex and Cat.

I hope you don't stop your travelin around and visiting all of us at the matches.

God Bless.

..........Widder

....and a plus one to that as well. I've always enjoyed seeing you guys at shoots. Thanks for all of your hard work....

KK

Indeed, thanx for all you have done for the game via the CC. When I first met ya at EOT in 2001 I told ya how much I enjoyed your editorial, you laughed and said I was one of the very few.

Maybe but looks like there are a lot more that will miss them.

And travel on up to New England again some time to see a long blonde smokin' duelist and lets have some laughs on the range. :P

Archived