SASS Wire Forum

Just got notice of the latest Chronicle

Rancho Roy

I see the frustration with the digital copies. I'm a computer programmer by trade and have a fairly high-end workstation. It struggles with the chronicle, even with nothing else running.

I don't so much mind the digital copy, but there are some things than can be done to the file itself to make it more user friendly. As it stands right now, it's all but unusable due to formatting problems. As it stands, the current format might have been great for pre-press operations, but it's not designed for digital distribution. This can be better than it is.

You do not need to be a marketing guru to KNOW that SASS is losing membership due to going digital with the CC, it has been stated right here on the wire. THe question is, will the expected savings from going digital be greater than the loss of revenue from nonrenewal? I dont know-dont have the data. Certainly there is no increase in membership from going digital, while there were was some from the paper copy. How many? I have no idea, but I know it was more than it is now. I also dont believe that rapping the knuckles of those that disagree with this decision is constructive either.

You don't know anything about the impact on the CC going Digital.

Coming from a Marketing background, you're making a basic error in your statement...Read all about it in Marketing 101 ;)

Phantom

I think with the new editor, if they look at hot the NRA American Rifleman and Guns Of the Old West look as digital examples it will help.

You don't know anything about the impact on the CC going Digital.

Coming from a Marketing background, you're making a basic error in your statement...Read all about it in Marketing 101 ;)

Phantom

Right there in my statement I say "I dont know, I dont have the data." I do KNOW that people have not renewed due to the CC going digital. That is a fact and the only statement I made, so I dont know where my error would be. What you dont KNOW is my background and it DOES include marketing, economics, finance, accounting and science. I am not some rube just because my outlook is not the same as yours. I know you are a great shooter and a good guy in person, I have shot with you several times, but you can come across more than a little rude and arrogant on the wire.

I have been wanting to see your store whenever I go through that area, just missed it a couple of weeks ago, showed up at 4:10 on Saturday and alas you close shop at 4:00 on Saturdays. Hopefully some other time as it is way cool on the outside and would like to see what you have inside.

Right there in my statement I say "I dont know, I dont have the data." I do KNOW that people have not renewed due to the CC going digital. That is a fact and the only statement I made, so I dont know where my error would be. What you dont KNOW is my background and it DOES include marketing, economics, finance, accounting and science. I am not some rube just because my outlook is not the same as yours. I know you are a great shooter and a good guy in person, I have shot with you several times, but you can come across more than a little rude and arrogant on the wire.

I have been wanting to see your store whenever I go through that area, just missed it a couple of weeks ago, showed up at 4:10 on Saturday and alas you close shop at 4:00 on Saturdays. Hopefully some other time as it is way cool on the outside and would like to see what you have inside.

I do come across a certain way on the Wire...I'm not good at writing in a diplomatic tone.

Here's the kind of statement that I find a bit irresponsible: Certainly there is no increase in membership from going digital, while there were was some from the paper copy.

Cheers!!!!

Phanto

I do come across a certain way on the Wire...I'm not good at writing in a diplomatic tone.

Here's the kind of statement that I find a bit irresponsible: Certainly there is no increase in membership from going digital, while there were was some from the paper copy.

Cheers!!!!

Phanto

How would it increase going digital? If your not a member can you access it? The paper version was passed around at barbershops, doctors and dentists offices, work places etc. How does the digital version become publicly visible?

How would it increase going digital? If your not a member can you access it? The paper version was passed around at barbershops, doctors and dentists offices, work places etc. How does the digital version become publicly visible?

It's apparently not locked behind a password. Just go to the front page of the SASS site and it goes right to it.

No membership required...can be seen pretty much anywhere...link to...shared...printed out...

;)

I just had this conversation with someone about 'what is SASS'? 'cowboy shooting'? We whipped out our smartphones and went to the website. Bada Boom Bada Bing!

No membership required...can be seen pretty much anywhere...link to...shared...printed out...

;)

And ya don't hafta pay $35.00 to get it.

This will never die!!

I hope folks Don t come down on me either. I hate the digital chronical!!! I've tried it and just can't stand it:( poor quality at best.

Funny how a husband can get it trouble sitting at the computer or smart phone reading a digital paper. But on the couch with a real paper or magaIne is different?

Regards,

Ringer

Archived