SASS Wire Forum

target stores

http://www.nbcnews.com/#/business/consumer/bullseye-target-takes-aim-gun-owners-bars-firearms-stores-n146441

Target, whose logo is a bullseye, doesn't want gun-owners bringing firearms into its stores -- even where it is legal to carry. Interim CEO John Mulligan sent a note to employees to outline the retailer's policy on the "open carry" of firearms in stores, according to the company's blog Abullseyeview.com. "Starting today we will... respectfully request that guests not bring firearms to Target—even in communities where it is permitted by law." Individual states allow residents to carry concealed handguns with varying restrictions and permit requirements. Mulligan said in the note that bringing firearms to Target "creates an environment that is at odds with the family-friendly shopping and work experience we strive to create."

I prefer shopping at Target rather than Walmart but I will now boycott Target until they change their position. I will be calling Target to let them know they will be losing many customers.

Target in Baytown would not let the kids sell girl scout cookies are the vets sit up outside.

I believe Target is owned by the French. Explains a lot.

that is total BS, Target is a U.S. company

that is total BS, Target is a U.S. company

Correct.

Per the 'french owned' claim...

"Target Corporation is a publicly held U.S. company trading as TGT on the New York Stock Exchange. Apparently, this was added by somebody to capitalize on anti-French sentiment following the invasion of Iraq. According to Target: Target is based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, since its was founded by George Dayton in 1902 as The Dayton Company"

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Correct.

Per the 'french owned' claim...

"Target Corporation is a publicly held U.S. company trading as TGT on the New York Stock Exchange. Apparently, this was added by somebody to capitalize on anti-French sentiment following the invasion of Iraq. According to Target: Target is based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, since its was founded by George Dayton in 1902 as The Dayton Company"

I couldn't remember where there headquarters was that's way I didn't post it last night. I look into it back when that story was going around about Target not supporting Vets which was also bs, but it has been so long since I read all that stuff I do not remember any of the details.

I tell you one thing Gunner I get tired of the slide of hand and misconception both sides are using to gain support and further their cause.

I am almost willing to bet there is more to this story then just, Target doesn't want guns in their store

I couldn't remember where there headquarters was that's way I didn't post it last night. I look into it back when that story was going around about Target not supporting Vets which was also bs, but it has been so long since I read all that stuff I do not remember any of the details.

I tell you one thing Gunner I get tired of the slide of hand and misconception both sides are using to gain support and further their cause.

I am almost willing to bet there is more to this story then just, Target doesn't want guns in their store

10-4 that Shoer...

According to what I read and was left out above was men, at least 2 to 4 were going into Target stores in 3 different states and were carrying on their shoulder a military rifle, like a AR-15 with loaded magazines staying together in one spot then going to another spot showing off their rifles. They refused to leave after scaring off women customers.

It had something to do with "open carry laws".

According to what I read and was left out above was men, at least 2 to 4 were going into Target stores in 3 different states and were carrying on their shoulder a military rifle, like a AR-15 with loaded magazines staying together in one spot then going to another spot showing off their rifles. They refused to leave after scaring off women customers.

It had something to do with "open carry laws".

that is going to start the open carry argument again

Archived