SASS Wire Forum

how I feel about this BW hub bub...

10308345_719297994779580_441078747454841

So happy I don't have a dog in that hunt. SASS really should go talk with NMLRA about impact thread counters have on an organization. Watched NMLRA go through some rough times when re-enactors started dropping out because NMLRA Rendezvous rules were not "authentic" enough for them. Created quite the mess that after 10+ years still has not been totally cleaned up.

So happy I don't have a dog in that hunt. SASS really should go talk with NMLRA about impact thread counters have on an organization. Watched NMLRA go through some rough times when re-enactors started dropping out because NMLRA Rendezvous rules were not "authentic" enough for them. Created quite the mess that after 10+ years still has not been totally cleaned up.

And as a result, the sport/activity/organization/members suffer.

Attendance drops.

And the thing everyone loved in the first place becomes lost.

I have no comment other than why do ya'll wanna dress like "nancy boys"???? :P:P

I'll hide behind the firewall now!!! :lol:

Rye

If SASS outlaws jeans then only outlaws will have jeans! :P

And as a result, the sport/activity/organization/members suffer.

Attendance drops.

And the thing everyone loved in the first place becomes lost.

Farmer_Tom,

Like I said, I don't have a dog in the hunt. I'm the new cowboy in the bunkhouse and sure don't want to create waves. I don't shoot B Western, thus have no meaningful input into the rules change proposal.

I have been involved in re-enactments and "Primitive" camping and shoots. Sometimes the conflict between people wanting the utmost in accuracy and authentic attire/camp and those who want to be "in the spirit" but focus more on fun or other aspects can be a trouble.

In addition to the members being hurt, the association/organization becomes weaker and less effective as groups splinter or simply drift away.

Regrettably, sooner or later, sporting organizations attract people who are more interested in controlling others and winning arguments, than gaining respect and winning competitions.

Can we borrow an idea from another sport, and enforce a three-year freeze on the rulebook? The rules stand for three years, barring any sudden major safety issue. Any really perverse rule-interpreting during that period can be handled by the already-present "Spirit of the Game" section.

Just think, what it would be like to only have these big debates every three years? Maybe we should go for 5?

Hello,

PaleWolf has mentioned the intent of some of our safety or shooting rules from when they were first discussed. If he's not sick of this topic he may step in and tell you the intent. Or, you could read the January 2006 Territorial Bulletin for more information.

I'd like to know how many of you were at the TG meeting when the agenda item was introduced and approved? I was. It was Coyote Calhoun's, AKA the Pecos Pimp's, baby. There was much emphasis that flashy and fancy was part of the rule. I've read a lot of comments about meeting the minimums. Well "flashy and fancy" is the rule, if the so called minimum is flashy and fancy and meets the other requirements it is fine.

IMO, the goal of all of this discussion is to get folks to understand and follow that rule.

Regards,

Allie Mo

PS I've read some demeaning comments about the intelligence of people participating in this discussion and would like to remind you of the following SASS Guideline. "SASS reserves the right to remove and delete any malicious, demeaning, instigating or threatening posts without notice." Please remember "do unto others..." It is known as The Golden Rule.

I've been playing nice for a while now,,, and never said a demeaning word in the related threads...or questioned anyone's intelligence.

I may have questioned their intent in all of this, but never their intelligence..

One thing I learned on the ROC, intent doesn't necessarily mean anything if it isn't written out....

we've gone 8 yrs now with BW with a very minimum of problems....

me too

The only problem I can see with BW is those flashy shirts CC wears!!! In the sunlight they can blind ya!! :P

Hell...I didn't even know there was a problem...tell reading about it on the Wire...and yet...

I'm still not convinced that there is a problem.

:wacko:

That's the view from my saddle as well...............

Got me worried now...going out to buy jeans today...fore only da outlaws got em...

Don't know where all these rules come from but the Horse says 'Whoa' ....

I am still puzzled by the long guns lever magically defying the laws of physics...did that get settled???

Now BW....seems to me Cheyenne looks the part...I will wait this one out....lol

Never had any idea how dumb I was till all these rules I don't care about showed up...

So if I dress like The Rifleman or Steve McQueen....Bounty Hunter...Gunsmoke...Rowdy Yates...say what ?????? John Wayne,,,, Slim Pickens....I am out of compliance.?????

The Texas Legislature meets every 2 years....gives us time to brace for changes....sounds like an idea whose time has come....

Back to the pasture for me.....Jim

I'd like to know how many of you were at the TG meeting when the agenda item was introduced and approved? I was. It was Coyote Calhoun's, AKA the Pecos Pimp's, baby. There was much emphasis that flashy and fancy was part of the rule. I've read a lot of comments about meeting the minimums. Well "flashy and fancy" is the rule, if the so called minimum is flashy and fancy and meets the other requirements it is fine.

I don't do BW, so I am not trying to start something - just curious. Did they define "flashy and fancy?" That sounds utterly subjective and unenforceable.

I am thinking about B-Western in the future...but

Is Lash La Rue in all black with smiley pockets good enough?

I'm Confused

if you meet the requirements as shown in the Handbook for BW, then yes, as currently written, which is the way I hope it stays

B Western aint cheap! Got around $500 just in shirts. The jeans thin kinda offsets it a bit cause I can get wranglers for about $15.

Spend the day in real cowboy boots and the feet are feelin it.

90 degrees in a black felt hat and heavy Scully shirt….Best be drinkin a water bottle every 20 minutes.

Watched one of my B Western brethren catch a spur on a prop and go down like a bag of rocks. He was OK and kept pistols in the holsters.

Can only use 1880 or later rifle. Go beg and plead for a Marlin cause ya can't buy them new. Then pay thru the nose for one ($399 rifle selling for $1200)

Flashy and Fancy takes more endurin that the ridicule of the age category shooters! How about we talk about makin their categories tougher!!! Cause this one is tough enough!!!

I'll get offin ma soap box now.

B Western aint cheap! Got around $500 just in shirts. The jeans thin kinda offsets it a bit cause I can get wranglers for about $15.

Spend the day in real cowboy boots and the feet are feelin it.

90 degrees in a black felt hat and heavy Scully shirt….Best be drinkin a water bottle every 20 minutes.

Watched one of my B Western brethren catch a spur on a prop and go down like a bag of rocks. He was OK and kept pistols in the holsters.

Can only use 1880 or later rifle. Go beg and plead for a Marlin cause ya can't buy them new. Then pay thru the nose for one ($399 rifle selling for $1200)

Flashy and Fancy takes more endurin that the ridicule of the age category shooters! How about we talk about makin their categories tougher!!! Cause this one is tough enough!!!

I'll get offin ma soap box now.

is that "all" you have tied up in your shirts.... I've got almost that much in crystals! :o:P:P;)

course you know I'm phunning ya!!

dang, they otta leeve us alone for having to endure being called prairie fairies.. :wacko::blink::huh::o:P:D

is that "all" you have tied up in your shirts.... I've got almost that much in crystals! :o:P:P;)

course you know I'm phunning ya!!

dang, they otta leeve us alone for having to endure being called prairie fairies.. :wacko::blink::huh::o:P:D

I wasn't go as far as usin the "PF" but yea!

Culpepper

I TOLD you that you should try the Outlaw way.

All this drama over Wrangler jeans?!?

Be an Outlaw, relax.

You can wear Wranglers and yer funny lookin' shirts if you want to.

We won't laugh at you...promise.

Waimea (Always promoting the Outlaw Way)

Archived