SASS Wire Forum

B-Western - Your thoughts on changes

Ace_of_Hearts

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how about these? and who is the "judge"? The TO, the RO, the MD, posse concensus, the opponent?

• image_52356.jpg

Those on the bottom are NOT lugged.

If someone can not tell that. They need to have there eyes checked.

I already posted a picture of what a typical LUG SOLE looks like...

FWIW - VIBRAM is a brand name...as is ARIAT...as is EARTHWALKER...&tc.

Some types of boots/soles by those manufacturers are LEGAL for BW/CC categories

...some are NOT LEGAL.

how about these? and who is the "judge"? The TO, the RO, the MD, posse concensus, the opponent?

How about the SHOOTER before s/he wears something questionable to the firing line & risks a P/SDQ/MDQ?

I have been shooting B-Western for about four years and have spent a good amount of funds to do so and to follow the dress rules...not whinning...all my own idea. I am not sure how these posts started and what might or might not have happened at EOT but I beleive that the present rules or new rules need to be enforced.

I have heard at a couple of the larger shoots that the Match Director and the B-Western and Classic Cowboy shooters meet and determine that each shooter meets the requirements as posted. I shoot with a couple of B-Western shooters that no one would even guess shot that catagory by their dress. As an example. foam soled slip on work boots with round toes and military style spur with basically no rawles...and jeans down over the boots...sorry...they do not fit the rules....and I wont buy the "my feet hurt" sad story. Wont even start of the shirts etc.

It seems like most are on Tex for trying to get the shooters to dress as they did when this sport started and the dress has been failing in that area over the past many years...but the B-Western and Classic cowboy catagories are dress up catagories and the rules need to be followed and it only pertains to those groups... so any other shooters that want to 'dress down' are free to do so .

I tell you what...I will trade the round toed foam soled boots and you let me shoot my 73 in B-Western...did they shoot 73s in Stagecoach....

Outlaw Exterminator SASS 20135L

Not sure what round toed boots or jean over there boots has to do with it. :blink:

It does not say you have to have pointy toes or your jeans tucked into your boots. :unsure:

Here is a Shady Brady.

shadyww08.jpg

Are you funnin me? Anyway, I just read the rule again and this time I noticed that it looks like it's just talking about the feather. I was confused because there are lots of hats out there called shady brady's that don't have a feather. Heck, there's even a hat company called shady brady, and their designs are somewhat varied.

SHB p.16 / RO2 p.12

Up until a few minutes ago, I didn't know what IE meant. I thought IE and EG both meant "for example". Turns out IE means 'in other words', or 'that is'. So while the sole on the second boot certainly looks 'grip enhancing', the rule does specifically say it's only talking about lug soles.

Up until a few minutes ago, I didn't know what IE meant. I thought IE and EG both meant "for example". Turns out IE means 'in other words', or 'that is'. So while the sole on the second boot certainly looks 'grip enhancing', the rule does specifically say it's only talking about lug soles.

That's the clarification that was made to the rules four years ago.

REF: post #234

FWIW -

I.E. is used 10 times in the SHB / twice in the RO1

E.G. = 16x vs (versus...means against/opposed to) 8x in the RO1

:P

in media felicitas est

So while the sole on the second boot certainly looks 'grip enhancing', the rule does specifically say it's only talking about lug soles.

Exactly RG . . . the rule regarding the BW boot requirements is confusing. If "lug soles" are the disqualifying factor then what is the limiting factor? Grip enhancement or "lug soles"? What was the original intent of the rule? To limit traction (which is contrary to SASS safety awareness)? or to limit "the look" of boots to what traditional B-Western characters wore? If the intent is/was the latter then the rule should simply say

"Boots are required and must be of traditional design and embellished with fancy stitching,

multi-color fancy design, conchos or spots. Lace up boots, moccasins, and lug soles are not allowed."

Does anybody here know the difference in a Highway tire and a heavy traction MUD tire?????????

That's about the same difference. GEEEEZZZZ

RBK

Fence%20Post-S.jpg

Share this post for no reason?

Endless posts that add nothing important?

Do you mean something like this one?

Archived