SASS Wire Forum

We're all getting older

Filthy Lucre, 55674L

I was just looking through the shooters handbook and looking at categories. I'm going to try Classic Cowboy.

I noticed that there is a Senior duelist, but for those who shoot BP there are no seniors listed. Any thoughts.

I refuse to get older or grow up. That's why I don't shoot age based categories even though I have met the minimum for some time now.

Besides, those old duffers can shoot faster than me cause they have time to practice. :ph34r:

BP for the long haul dammit!

Getting older is a requirement, growing up isn't.

That's why I shoot flintlocks and, now, am getting into cowboy.

I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up, not me.

I refuse to get older!!! I shoot FCD or Pale Rider when available. I'm not or ever will push for a senior version of either of these categories. When I'm too old and feeble to handle full BP loads then and only then will I think about an age based category!!

Rye ;)

Hi Filthy, :wub:

Try this. Circle or check (whatever is appropriate on the form) Man, Senior, Frontier Cartridge or CC and see what happens. I've seen many non-SASS categories at larger matches when I did not see that specific combination on the application. So, I'm guessing this is what was done. It would help if you could talk others into doing the same as the club may not want to offer the category for one participant.

Regards,

Allie

Guest Hoss Carpenter, SASS Life 7843

I have shot Classic Cowboy for about 7 years now and love it. However, at one of our local clubs some of us Old Farts shoot in a "made up" class called Elder Statesman Double Duelist! It is great fun too. We are old and slow!

Cheers Hoss C.

I don't know about the rest of you; but, I'm only 39 years old. Got a long way ta go till I'm up with the rest of you.

Fingers (That's my story and I'm sticking with it) McGee

Member of the Jack Benny birthday club

Hi Filthy, :wub:

Try this. Circle or check (whatever is appropriate on the form) Man, Senior, Frontier Cartridge or CC and see what happens. I've seen many non-SASS categories at larger matches when I did not see that specific combination on the application. So, I'm guessing this is what was done. It would help if you could talk others into doing the same as the club may not want to offer the category for one participant.

Regards,

Allie

There are a few in the Senior FCD and everyone in Frontiersman is over 60.

Will you shoot CC with BP? Seems like a waste to miss out on an opportunity.

Of course. Cap n Ball

I refuse to get older!!! I shoot FCD or Pale Rider when available. I'm not or ever will push for a senior version of either of these categories. When I'm too old and feeble to handle full BP loads then and only then will I think about an age based category!!

Rye ;)

Rye,

You are too feeble to realize you are feeble. What are you waiting for? :P:lol:

Didn't you buy a Parker hammer double awhile back?

Yup. It was my slowest day ever. Those hammers are thumb busters. I won my category. :)

Anybody who claims to be 39 but remembers Jack Benny is, um, untruthful.

Himself

Not true, I'm 39 and remember watching jack benny and burns and allen and a few others from that era that I can't remember off the top of my head on nick at night (which later spun off into TVLand if I'm not mistaken).

Yup. It was my slowest day ever. Those hammers are thumb busters. I won my category. :)

And who came in second?

Clock on the wall and aches in my bones are the only reminders that I'm getting old.

Filthy, you are a classic, shooting Cap and Ball in CC is a brilliant idea. I hope everything goes well for you.

Say hi to everybody out there for us, we miss you all.

Archived