SASS Wire Forum

Baikal Disassembly ?

Clemsum

I have a Baikal double that I shoot with Black Powder and after several months I have had a couple of light hammer strikes which did not set off the primer. I decided to take the receiver apart for detailed cleaning in case fouling had built up and I used the directions I found on Marauders WEB site. However I did not see anything mentioning how to disassemble the opening lever and locking bar assembly. I got it apart to the extent that these were the only moving parts left in the receiver.

It looks like, that after removing the screw on the lever I should use a drift through the square in the lever to drive the part below the lever down and out then the locking bar should slide out. is this correct?

I have a heavy hand and have destroyed many things over the years with "brute force" methods so I am asking for advice first, for a change.

Thanks

Clemsum

I have a Baikal double that I shoot with Black Powder and after several months I have had a couple of light hammer strikes which did not set off the primer. I decided to take the receiver apart for detailed cleaning in case fouling had built up and I used the directions I found on Marauders WEB site. However I did not see anything mentioning how to disassemble the opening lever and locking bar assembly. I got it apart to the extent that these were the only moving parts left in the receiver.

It looks like, that after removing the screw on the lever I should use a drift through the square in the lever to drive the part below the lever down and out then the locking bar should slide out. is this correct? CORRECT

I have a heavy hand and have destroyed many things over the years with "brute force" methods so I am asking for advice first, for a change.

Thanks

Clemsum

Archived